So. i want a guitar for metal.

I play power metal, like BFMV, Killswitch Engaged, as i lay dying, and then other types of things like racer x, paul gilbert stuff basically.

I would love to have an ebony fretboard, preferably binding on the neck, and a floyd rose. If it doesnt have on then thats fine.

Price range is around $1000
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Last edited by GreenDay0013 at Sep 2, 2009,
DBZ Venom or Bird of Prey

http://www.dbzguitars.com/thedarkside/collection.php

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZguitarsDarksidePremierSeriesPage1.html

The premiere series just shipped out not too long ago. You should be able to get them very soon. Everyone is saying Dean Z. has outdone himself with these guitar. There are some vids on youtube of a few of the guitars.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
my friend recently got an agile interceptor pro for abt 650... it's loaded with EMGs and sounds really heavy, and is super easy to play.
mahogany body, 24 frets, ebony fretboard and licensed (w/e) floyd.
oh, but it's a 7 string, so i dunno abt that
1997 Ibanez RG7620
Modded Starcaster by Fender

Boss GT10
Dunlop Mister Crybaby Wah

Line 6 Spider III 30
meh, not really feeling them.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

i kinda like the look of jackson dinkys, but i couldnt find one with an ebony fretboard.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

are you gigging or practicing with a band? If you are, I reccomend a better amp.

But you're asking for guitars, so here I go:
+Ibanez RG prestige (Preferably used, because they are cheaper, but make sure it's a Prestige)
+ESP LTD M-1000, MH-1000, Eclipse-1000 (with FR). get a 400/500 or 1000 series if you want an upgrade.
+Schecter C1 Hellraiser (or something like that, the one that's neck through with EMG's and OFR).
+Jackson Pro series dinky. They are a bit pricy now because Fender owns Jackson and Fender's own prices went up a while back, but you can find some used still. Make sure they are Pro (not professional) or MG series, because they are of good quality. You can sometimes find used soloists at about $1000, so do some searching. A pro Kelly or Warrior will be great too
+BC rich ASM pro, or assasin

Search for used guitars, because they go at some prices you would never even imagine
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
the designas area little too, over the top? for me. id like either a v or a strat body shape.
Gear:

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Quote by GreenDay0013
the designas area little too, over the top? for me. id like either a v or a strat body shape.

Have you considered a Gibson V? Jackson V's are pretty good, but i think most of them have bolt-on necks, which are uncomfortable when playing higher frets. For strat shapes, maybe look into an Ibanez or ESP.

I guess in some respect, DBZ's are "over the top." I think they are very creative, ornate, subtle, and well-crafted. But that's my opinion. Look at some of the NAMM pics; the pics on their site don't really do them justice. Have you looked at the Halcyon? It has a nice strat shape.

If you want a really great V, check this out:

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_WV548GYB%20HM%20Series%20V%20Electric%20Guitar%20Assorted%20Colors_-1_10052_10002_555049_cmCategorySA182593

Mahogany body, mahogany set neck, carbon glass epoxy fingerboard, OFR, EMG's, and MADE IN THE USA. $1400 is a great price for it. The WM526 got bumped up from $1800 to $2400, which sucks b/c that is one of the guitars i've always wanted.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Last edited by JKMV11 at Sep 2, 2009,
If you are looking for a strat or v shape, definitely look into ESP LTD guitars. You can get the 1000 series MH or M series guitars, they are very, very nice guitars.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX
It has an Ebony Fretboard, OFR if you want it (else you can buy Fixed Bridge), Seymour Duncan Active Blackouts, Mahogany Body and 3-pc Mahogany Set-Neck. Pure beauty
Get a used Jackson Soloist or a used ESP Horizon. They have bound necks, ebony fretboards, neck-thru construction and original Floyd Roses.

For that kind of money you can get a very good used higher-end instrument with all of the features you want.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL