I'm thinking about buying a strat, i want to get a tone that closely emulates the tone of yngwie. my question is however, would the same pickups that yngwie uses on his vintage strats sound just as good in a new strat?

again i am still contemplating my next guitar but can anyone please answer this for me?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
be prepared for a lot of posts saying "tone is mostly in your amp"

because its true.
Quote by loudog93
be prepared for a lot of posts saying "tone is mostly in your amp"

because its true.

Beaten to it. What amp do you have man?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
They will. But his setup is very different than most peoples' rigs. He uses very low output pickups with a high gain amp. You could probably get closer to his tone with different pickups depending on your amp.
i have a bugera 333xl, pretty versatile, i can try to get a yngwie tone, but my body wood for guitar is mahogany so its a little too deep with a high gain amp isn't all that great for me. though i saw a thing on youtube with this guy just playing vintage..everything, and vintage strats to me, sound AMAZING.

edit: its arguable, but wood type and age of wood definitely do alot for sound as well. though amp is also a major factor, i just see it as a speaker that has a gain feature.
Last edited by nivlarama at Sep 2, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
You probably don't really need his pickups. His tone mostly is just from the crisp and somewhat brittle tone of overdriven single coils. Try a strat through your amp and see what happens.

bleh, i've tried a squier through my amp haha, not quite what i'm looking for. maybe its just his pickups then you think?