I have a chance to get a really well kept 1966 fender blackface bassman in a trade for my Ampeg V7.

My only issue is the v7 is 100 watts and the bassman is 50 watts

i play in an experimental/screamo band and i need to be in the mix with three other guitarests using a marshall mosfet head, and a line 6 (temp while he gets a new amp) all through 4x12 cabs.

Do you think this would be a good deal? I'm looking for a good solid amp with a beautiful clean (bassman!) that i can use with my Sovtek Muff and Boss HM-2.

i'd run it paired with an ampeg reverberocket 4x12 with the two pedals above.
Last edited by Mister Krift at Sep 3, 2009,
Man, I'd say if the '66 BF is in good shape the GO FOR IT!

Link it in here and we'll look it over for you. (out bid you)

edit out

Seriously, you really need to find out more about this amp. Tube age and if it has ever had it's capacitors replaced would be two questions I would ask. What are they asking for it?

Not to mention you will be pairing it with a Reverberocket

I want clips of whatever the hell you end up with
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 3, 2009,
Seems like a good deal, im just not a big fan of the HM2 you have.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2521/3883746496_cfe7bf65a3.jpg

the guy said its in a larger box to prevent the head itself from scratches and tears and its easily removed.

i'm getting more pics from him soon.

the tubes are philips 6l6's.

would it hurt to run the head through my cab which is 16 ohms? i've heard alot of mixed arguments on that.

he also has a showman 1x15 with a tone ring.

would that be a better choice instead of the ampeg cab?
I'm not a Bassman expert but as long as it has a 16 ohm option you are fine.

Find out the age of the tubes and caps. Ask if (s)he has any clips from recent. Looks like it is being used and looks legit. Also there is a serial number section on fender.com maybe ask for a serial number.

Wish I could help more. Again, if you already have a Reverberocket I'd at least look into it depending on price and age of some of the components.

I forgot what kind of music you play but maybe that doesn't matter.

I have '0' personal experience with the amp we are discussing here so you know.
Well it woudl be a trade for my Ampeg V7.

my only real concern is running it with my 16 ohm cab (head is wired at 4 ohms, no selector) and it not being loud enough to compete with 2 other 100 watt solid state heads and a bass stack.

i figure it is a great opportunity to get a great piece of equipment, but i would need it to work right off the bat.

He said he has used it over the last year with no issues and the tubes sound good, seems to be an honest dude and i will ask him about the caps.

also i need a good clean for my music as i run my muff and sometimes the heavy metal through the amp.

would a 1x15 with a tone ring be any better then my ampeg?
its from a 70's showman stack.

www.myspace.com/solomonsolomondc

thanks
I realize you are trading your V7.
Don't know much about that amp.
I edited my post #2 you never know who is reading this.
I have played an Ampeg V140c and liked it.
Can't speak the Bassman's cleans at higherish volumes (I've been creating a lot of new words today)
So the 1x15 cab in that pic comes with it?
You biggest obstacle will be the ohms. Either get that cab and sell it or get a new cab or rewire your existing cab to 4 ohms.

I'll see if I can get some other more qualified folks to jump in here. G'night!
Quote by jc349
Seems like a good deal, im just not a big fan of the HM2 you have.

What's wrong with you, mang? The HM-2 is a wonderful pedal. Sick dirt tones out of that badboy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
What's wrong with you, mang? The HM-2 is a wonderful pedal. Sick dirt tones out of that badboy.

I used to own one. I guess it was ok. Thinking about it now, I probably didn't like it because I was using it through a SS amp.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.