Since I own both and there are seperate owner's threads, I thought I would post this brief comparison in the general forum.

I've had the HT-5s for a couple of weeks and really liked it when I bought it and still do. Very versatile voicing capability with the ISF control.

I bought the 4x12 a week and a half ago and got the V55HD yesterday.

Price comparison? The Blackstar head is $350 and the Mini Stack is $600. The Bugera V55HD is $350 (got mine for $335 shipped via eBay) and the cab is $250 (got mine for $225, with GC 10% discount).

Wattage comparison: Blackstar 5 watts, Bugera 55 with Pentode/Triode switch dropping power out.

Feature comparison: Both have effects loops neither switchable on the included footpedals, channel switching on the footpedals, but the Bugera offers a good sounding reverb, switchable on the pedal. The Bugera has two inputs, normal and bright. It also has a bright switch on the head. The Bugera also has a Master Volume to go along with volumes for each channel (and a gain level for the gain channel). There is also a Presense control on the Bugera. The Blackstar has a headphone out with 2 cab simulations, which the Bugera does not. The Blackstar handles 8 and 16 ohms loads, the Bugera 4, 8 and 16 ohms.

Size: The Bugera head is larger and heavier, but is not what I would consider a heavy amp head. The 4x12 Bugera cab is, of course, larger than the two 10" Celestion-loaded Blackstar cabs.

Sound: I ran the Blackstar into the Bugera cab when I got it, and actually liked it better through that cab, than the two Blackstar cabs. More body to the sound, better texture and definition. The Bugera cab is very good and a steal at the price. Since I had quite some time hearing this speaker cab with the Blackstar, comparing the two amp heads was fairly easy. The Bugera V55HD head and 4x12 certainly seem to be designed to go together. There is a synergy that is just something... The Bugera is WAY louder, of course, and with much more body to the sound, in both Triode and Pentode mode. In a word...it's fantastic, IMHO. While the Blackstar is a very good head, it ain't close to the Bugera, to my ear. The Bugera is the amp I've been looking for, without a doubt. Great cleans and great distortion at all gain levels. Very good differences in the way the amp sounds at various gain settings and Presense settings. Volume level balance between the two channels is dead on, with both set at the same settings. The two amps share three-band eq's between channels and with the Bugera the channel's tonal balances remain the same when switched. Can't say the same for the Blackstar, as it seems to really need seperate eq's for each channel.

Both amps have a place in the market, each sounding very good, but different from each other for sure. If size or weight is not an issue, then in my opinion the Bugera head/cab is alot more amp for the same money. If you're buying only a head, then the size & weight difference is not worth worrying about. They sell for the same price.

The Blackstar is going to get returned. Never thought that would happen, but I can't see myself using it much with this new Bugera V55HD/412H-BK sitting in the same room...and sounding so damn good...

Hope this doesn't hurt any feelings, cause any remorse or burst any bubbles. Remember, it's just my opinion and your's may vary considerably.
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Valve Junior/Bitmo Modded
Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
This just may be the amp I start recommending to all my friends to get...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I returned my Ht-5 too... It's a great amp just wasn't for me.

Massive wall of text is massive.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I forgot to add the Bugera takes pedals really well...I did not think so of the Blackstar.
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Bugera V55HD/412H-BK
Thanks for that, im very interested in the V55. What type of music do you play?
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Pretty much any kind of hard rock, blues. No metal. This amp head does not have quite enough gain to do that, but if you throw the right pedal between the guitar and amp you can get there. I probably use a bit more gain than most blues players, as well. I like a little bassier sound than some players might want and this combination can certainly do that.
Benford Strat x 2
Burton Strat
Burton Tele
Malden Karma
Lawrence Tele
Squier Deluxe Strat

Bugera V55HD/412H-BK