I just can't get into playing electric guitar, I really like metal and rock to listen to (And to sing in a metal band) but just not feeling the guitar, I much prefer playing acoustic celtic music so I'm selling my electric guitar and going acoustic. Any tips on switching?
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Sep 3, 2009,
sell your amp too?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
How do we help you switch? you get rid of electric and get acoustic...its simple really
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
You should give me your badass squier strat.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
You're not gonna get jack for the boss ds-1 so you should probably give it to me, and I'll send you a jar of shiny pennies.
Also, you have an SP-10 amp, too? It's a complete POS! The only thing i use it for now is playing music.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
My opinion is that you dont sell your guitar, maybe your not motivated because you just havent devloped enough knowledge yet and your bored.

If you really do want to play the acoustic, then keep your electric and get an acoustic. Play with it for a couple months and if you ever decide you wanna jump back on electric you can.

BTW, in case you didnt know - If you play acoustic for awhile and get use to it, it makes playing electric a breeze.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
The problem is that have very limited funds right now and if I keep the electric than I wouldn't get an acoustic. What about a cheap epiphone off of craigslist? would it be a waste to get one? Also I think I'd enjoy playing more if I was in a band.

Also, you have an SP-10 amp, too? It's a complete POS! The only thing i use it for now is playing music.

I know that (would love to burn it)
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Sep 3, 2009,
I've been thinking and since my electric is so unique and modded it i'm not going to sell it. would tuning to standard with 11-54's hurt the neck?
Quote by bagpipemetal
I've been thinking and since my electric is so unique and modded it i'm not going to sell it. would tuning to standard with 11-54's hurt the neck?

Nope, not if you're going to spend the time setting it up right.
It certainly wouldn't be very good. I've tried cheaper Epiphone's, the wood they use and etc makes it have a bad tone kinda, but I guess its ok for $100.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by bagpipemetal

It most certainly will not hurt the neck, but it could damage your bridge saddles on the deeper strings.

I had a buddy who did that and it grinded his bridge saddles down bad, he had to replace them.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
i use 10-52 in standard. no problems. 11-54 seems awful tight on a 25.25" scale guitar though, doesnt sound like much fun to play.
Quote by sw1ss023

I just sold my old SP-10 to some guy for $25. I could have gone higher, but I wanted to get rid of the thing for some quick cash. Before I sold it, I was getting some pretty amazing jazz, blues and rockabilly tones out of it...

So it's not a complete POS.
I tuned my guitar to standard and it was really tight so I tuned it back down to DGCFAD. Also the SP-10 clean tones are fine, it just sounds awful with distortion.
Well the stuff is up on c-list right now so I hope somebody wants it. It's just not fun to play electric alone and not in a band (I'm a metal player while everyone around me who plays music play wussy fray style rock.)
I don't have $300 anyway.

I'd love to have your strat though. That thing is beautiful. Good luck selling it!

If I were you I'd get an Ibanez AEL20 with the money you get. Those are amazing Acoustic-Electric guitars for $350. Better than a $99 Epiphone.
Thanks for the suggestion! I've heard really good things about the Ibanez acoustics.

I kind of hate to sell my strat since I modded it myself but I just don't play it that much.
I hate the fact that I sold my old strat after I saw what you did with yours.

for $50 more, I'd go for the AEG20E Flamed Sycamore Top. It's pretty damn sexy. Sounds better than a maple.

Actually I just found out that it's on sale for $300. The AEG is far more superior to the AEL.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 4, 2009,
Yeah, squier, when upgraded with the right hardware, are actually really good guitars.

Thanks for the tip!
Yeahhh I try to be helpful. Especially when I know what I'm talking about. Haha.

I'm gonna be a kiss-ass to my non-related auntie. She's got an older AEL that are like $700 now in good condition. After I went to her house and played it and everything, she said she was gonna try guitar one more time and if she couldn't do it, the guitar was mine.

It's pretty funny considering I got my Samick acoustic for free from my non-related gramma.
I wish I had some aunts with guitars!

Good luck getting the guitar!

Also the AEL20E is only $350 on musiciansfriend which is good.
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Sep 4, 2009,
Haha thankss!

I could really use it. The Samick is pissing me off. Something on it is always breaking and the nut width is like 40mm. Very small.

The AEG is only $300 on musician's friend. its on sale!!
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 4, 2009,
Lol, I thought your sig said fear my breasts
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
Yahmaha also makes quite phenomenal acoustics. Really, try one out. their great.
dont sell your electric. just save a few buck and buy a halfway decent acoustic. I play my acoustic all the time, but having an electric is a good option, always. I think all guitar players should have an acoustic to jam on.
Quote by DeanRedneck
dont sell your electric. just save a few buck and buy a halfway decent acoustic. I play my acoustic all the time, but having an electric is a good option, always. I think all guitar players should have an acoustic to jam on.

I second that, but imo, not one of these ***gy numbers.

It'd have to be something like...

or
You stole my heart!
You ran away!
Now I'm heartless!
So fuck you anyway!
make sure you get a solid wood acoustic. no laminates. as long as you're really committed to playing acoustic you should get the best for your money, right? ibanez acoustics are laminated, but they can definitely sound decent. just keep the laminated part in mind when you're buying.

i have the zebrawood exotic, and love the sound. but some people will trash talk the **** out of it. just play before you buy with acoustics. i LOVE seagulls, check them out. you will get more than you pay for with them for sure.

and check out the acoustic forum, there's a whole thread on "best guitars for $300."
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip