Any one head about these? I'm building a new guitar and I want it to have all the best stuff, so has any one ever played a guitar with these new EMG 81X/85X, are they any good and whats the difference between a regular 81/85?
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
This months Guitar World has an article on them. Looks like they are trying to get rid of what the critics don't like about them.

More sustain, less compressed, more open...sounds like it is a cross of a active and passive mashed into one?
In the Valley of Vung
they sound the same to me
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Quote by Metalfan41
they sound the same to me

There you go, he has heard the two. You might have to find a guitar with them in an one with regular and just listen...
In the Valley of Vung
The only real change that I noticed was that the X's sounded very nice through SS's as well as tubes, other than that I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Mr. Parker
There you go, he has heard the two. You might have to find a guitar with them in an one with regular and just listen...

EMG has demos on their website, and to me they sound exactly the same. Just as compressed, although I cant say anything about the sustaine since only passives will really pull on the strings
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
from what has been said ur probably better off going 81/85 with 18v mod.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
EMGX series also require no soldering they all clip together.

They do have slightly tonal differences to the standards but not noticable at all to me, but they do sound better on clean i will say, that was a big notice to me anyway plus its ment to be easier to do the 18v mod bcos another battery clips in
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs