Hey guys.. so i am buying my MIA Fat Strat soon when i get the money together.. and the parentals have said they will buy me a new amp.. I want a head/cab set up rather then a combo.. i dont need anything to big or loud as its only for bedroom jamming and possibly a jam with a drummer every once and a while.. Budget 1500 AUD, play rock/punk kind of stuff

Cheers
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Used JCM900 combo?

edit- just saw you said no combos. Any reason why?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
umm iduno i have had a couple of combos.. want something different.. and also like how u can swap and change heads and cabs over time..
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

Quote by shan0_
umm iduno i have had a couple of combos.. want something different.. and also like how u can swap and change heads and cabs over time..

Which amps do you already have?

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
i have a peavey vypyr 30watt atm..
Quote by srq89

Thats the problem, most likely.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
ahhaa
Quote by srq89

Even though heads and cabs are more versitile, you're sacrificing extra money to get something of equal sound quality. Especially with the crazy Australian prices right now.

I still strongly suggest you look for a used JCM900 combo.

What is your closest major city?

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Peavey makes some awesome stuff, though. I've used a good Valveking half stack from them that wasn't too expensive, and I think they make a little portable head that actually sounds really nice.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
im in sydney
Quote by srq89

for bedroom practice, a stack will be overkill. a combo is much more practical.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Depends on how much he plans on expanding his playing. I suppose a good question would be "Do you see yourself wanting to play in public venues within 3-6 months time?"
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
umm yer truee.. probably not.. its just home use.. although i have had a look at the blackstar HT-5 Head.. apparently its great for home practice.. but iduno what you guys think?
Quote by srq89

Ht5 would be alot more practical for you. If you see yourself gigging in less than a year, go for a JCM combo.

Edit- actually, a Bugera V55 and 4x12 would be perfect for you.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Last edited by jc349 at Sep 3, 2009,
ah k fair enuf.. well im going to the police academy for 8 months then starting work so i dont see any public performances in my near future :P.. So what would be better the Ht-5 Head and a cab or the combo? Is there a difference in sound between the two?
Quote by srq89

Notuch difference. The head and cab is more versitile, as you can choose which cab you want. The combo is more portable. I also suggest checking out a Bugera V55 head.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Well, honestly I think the JCM encompases the "Marshall" tone as closely as possible until you get to a half stack. Marshalls I find are more versatile, especially if you use both single coil pickup guitars and dual coil. I like metal more than anything, but I do like plenty of genres, so that amp would be better for more. If youre into Blues, Cleans and Jazz more than anything else, I'd probably suggest the HT5. I'll also note that the JCM has the capability of being louder.
mmmmmmhmmm

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Sep 3, 2009,
There's a thread on the first page of gg&a that is about the Bugera V22 combo. This is probably your best choice. Go to a guitar store and try one out.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple