I have an Axl SRO. Here is the URL with specs on it:
http://www.axlguitars.com/as800sn_shape.html

It actually plays very wonderfully for the 200 dollar price tag.

Okay, so I don't have enough money for a new amp until Christmas... but I could probably afford new pickups now. The problem is that it only sounds good for the humbucker, and only the humbucker. I need suggestions for a good single coil for metal. 80's thrash metal to get closer.

Sorry I can't say more, I'm in a bit of a hurry and will give more info later.
Single coils aren't good for metal, and a pickup change wouldn't help if you have a bad amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Keep the money and put it towards a good amp.

EDIT: What amp do you have currently?
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Sep 3, 2009,
im with them on getting a new amp, but since this is a pickup thread ill gie my recommendation. you might look into stacked humbuckers like dimarzio super distortions?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

It can't completely be my amp because it douse not sound like mud with my humbucking pickup. I will look at the stacked humbuckers.
Quote by JoePerry4life
Single coils aren't good for metal, and a pickup change wouldn't help if you have a bad amp.

False. Jari of Wintersun recorded his entire self titled album with a single coil tele.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
I've seen Hammett use an HSS Strat much like that before, just stick with it and get a new amp.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by kayman121
False. Jari of Wintersun recorded his entire self titled album with a single coil tele.

Well MOST single coils won't work well for metal, you can't argue with that.

But a single in the neck is okay for solos and cleans and what not, you're going to be using your Humbucker in the bridge position the most often anyway.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by kayman121

To my ears, a tele playing metal is a terrible tone, that is unless its a stacked single coil.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
EMG makes pretty bad passive pickups, I'll give you that one. But your money would be better spent on a nicer amp, your pickups will only slightly change the tone, whereas a nice amp will completely change it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by acdclandon
Well MOST single coils won't work well for metal, you can't argue with that.

But a single in the neck is okay for solos and cleans and what not, you're going to be using your Humbucker in the bridge position the most often anyway.

It just depends on how much time you spend working with it, what type of single coils, etc. You likely won't get a super hardcore downtuned br00t4lz tone with it but I guarantee you can get atleast a decent thrash sound with single coils.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by JoePerry4life
To my ears, a tele playing metal is a terrible tone, that is unless its a stacked single coil.

Have you heard the album?
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups