is there such a thing as software that can turn your pc into a loop pedal (like a loop station or jamman)? like maybe you press spacebar to start the new loop. if you know of any (or what it would be called so i can search for some) please do share
Ableton Live is able to do that. But it's pretty damn expensive.

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

you can record backing tracks then record yourself jamming over them with audacity.

or you could get JamVox, but ive no idea how pricy that is.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by ItWillDo
Ableton Live is able to do that. But it's pretty damn expensive.

This. But I got it on an educational license so it wasn't too much. IMO, its the most useful program for guitar practice.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
thanks that abletone live one sounds like it has the feature i meant, but are there any dedicated programs to looping or free programs like this?
Quote by bigal224
thanks that abletone live one sounds like it has the feature i meant, but are there any dedicated programs to looping or free programs like this?

1. Download audacity for free.
2. Learn to play rhythm flawlessly for 10 minutes.
3. Record ten minute rhythm section.
4. Playback and jam, while recording if you so choose.
5. ???
6. PROFIT!!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
5. ???
6. PROFIT!!

+1.

this is what i meant when i said audacity.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by tubetime86
5. ???
6. PROFIT!!

Reaper has a loop function, you don't have to record 10 minutes. You can record 30 seconds and loop that indefinitely.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by bigal224
yeah i already done that, its fun but not as good as looping loads of tracks instantly. thanks for your help though

Well in Audacity you can create a loop but it is really hard. If you play a chord progression let's say 3 times, then you cut it down to just 4 measures, or however long it is (which is insanely difficult to get exact,) then you can just copy and paste it infinitely.

Quote by Fama
Reaper has a loop function, you don't have to record 10 minutes. You can record 30 seconds and loop that indefinitely.

Reaper isn't free. I don't think he wants to pay for it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
Reaper isn't free. I don't think he wants to pay for it.

Eh, you can use it for 30 days. After that, it's technically illegal (I think) but you can still keep using it. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll turn into a frog or something because of the bad karma
Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Fama
Eh, you can use it for 30 days. After that, it's technically illegal (I think) but you can still keep using it. The worst thing that can happen is that you'll turn into a frog or something because of the bad karma

Oh, I didn't know it was available for free download. Sweet!
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Oh, I didn't know it was available for free download. Sweet!

Yeah, if you want to abuse it, it's completely free. Of course you sign the agreement to only evaluate it for 30 days when you install it. But like I said, a guilty conscience (...yeah right) and bad karma are all that will result from abusing it (of course, it's only 60 dollars for the cheaper license).

But seriously, it's amazing how good the program is for such a small & cheap program. I suggest everyone who doesn't have experience with it (and uses some sort of a DAW for recording/editing) would try it out.
Quote by Lunchbox362