right, I'm basically looking for a new guitar for playing anything from AC/DC to Metallica to In Flames. My budget is anything up to £450 (about $740). i was thinking of an Ibanez, but any other suggestions/comments are much appreciated. The only must is 24 frets. thanks guys.
What about jackson Dk2 Click Here
£450 but might have to stretch your budget depending how expensive local shops are it is an excellent guitar and would do all of those bands well with the right EQ settings
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
LTD 400's maybe? If you can extend budget to USD 900 or so, you could get one of the LTD 1000's/Ibanez RG (whatever-number-in-that-price-range)'s. Try getting something with EMG's/Blackouts if you have a tube amp. Look at the Schecter Blackjacks/Hellraisers. Maybe a Jackson Rhoads? Try them out, take whatever feels best in your hands. Dont take an FR unless you intend to use it.
I would suggest an MH-401 or M-1000 deluxe if you could stretch your budget a little bit. LTDs are amazing
Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe w/ FR
Hamer XT-series SATQ
Fender Stratocaster
'75 Fender F-35 Acoustic
Amp
Vox VT15
Pedals
535Q Crybaby Wah
cheers for the tips on the LTDs, i'll be sure to try them out.

unfortunately i can't try the Jackson guitars because i can't find anywhere near me that stocks them, but i'll keep looking.

one question about the Ibanez RGs... i've heard some bad things about the edge III bridges, can anyone tell me any more about them plz?
Quote by metaldaemon94
cheers for the tips on the LTDs, i'll be sure to try them out.

unfortunately i can't try the Jackson guitars because i can't find anywhere near me that stocks them, but i'll keep looking.

one question about the Ibanez RGs... i've heard some bad things about the edge III bridges, can anyone tell me any more about them plz?

Get a fixed bridge RG. Simple as that. The Edge III bridges aren't terrible but they are made of cheap material which means they can be unreliable. Lots of people end up blocking them because they mess up or go out of tune too often. You might want to check out the Ibanez RGR321EX, RGA42FM, and RG321. Those are all pretty good but cheap fixed bridge RG's.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by falconthefirst at Sep 3, 2009,
an sg would be perfect if u didnt need the extra frets. Jackson r good and so are Esp/Ltd have u thought about a prs tho? They r pretty versitile and sound great and look good too!