Umm...no, not really? If you know someone that has the guitar you want then you could ask them if you could borrow it or something but the best place to try guitars out is in a shop. Why don't you want to ?
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Close your eyes really tight and then let your imagination do the rest.....

I have this horrible feeling you're trying to get all metaphysical.
Not really, Some Etailers will take a guitar back but they are far and few between or like stated find someone that has the same guitar that would be willing to let you try it out. Your best bet is to try and find a place where you can try it or a similar one out. I do not recommend buying a guitar without trying it. I have been lucky so far all the guitars I have gotten online were great. Some guitars have a good enough reputation you can take a chance on some guitars are hit or miss. I am not familiar with what guitars are available in the UK. Here in the states I would recommend an Agile Rondomusic is great and you can be pretty much sure your going to get a very good guitar. The guys on the UG that live over there can probably tell you who and what to buy that would be decent. The problem I find with asking what guitar should I buy threads is most people will push their favorite guitar. I play a few dozen different guitars every week and a lot of guitars and amps people recommend I find to fail in a big way. It's always better to be able to get out and try stuff on your own. If you can get to a city that has a big shop play everything and see what you feel comfortable with you can always go home and order it online if you find a better deal.

John
well im looked around at like 10 shops and the only left handed guitar are strats or les pauls
You didn't mention you were looking for a lefty guitar! That changes things there are not a lot of them available. Some places will take returns but unless it's damaged in some way you'll usually have to eat the postage both ways.

John
stop being lazy, just go to a shop, it would take forever to order the guitar, the site would get pissed, and you might get screwed if the site doesnt have a return policy.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
stop being lazy, just go to a shop, it would take forever to order the guitar, the site would get pissed, and you might get screwed if the site doesnt have a return policy.

maby before u insult me u should read the posts? all ive seen in shops are strats and les pauls, thats it nothing else
if you can get to a guitar show... they're pretty rare, though, and unless you're lucky enough to live close to one...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Archieisted
maby before u insult me u should read the posts? all ive seen in shops are strats and les pauls, thats it nothing else

ooohhhhh thats quite an insult
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
ooohhhhh thats quite an insult

he's a lefty, and strats and pauls arent for everyone. maybe check the craftmanship of the brand/style, and have an employee play it, and if you like what you feel and hear, and see, order online lefty. or go bolt-on neck lol
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
he's a lefty, and strats and pauls arent for everyone. maybe check the craftmanship of the brand/style, and have an employee play it, and if you like what you feel and hear, and see, order online lefty. or go bolt-on neck lol

dont get me wrong i like hte les paul, i just want more choice than gibson/epiphpone and squier/MIA strats
cheers i might go for that option
find a guitar you're interested in and play it upside down in the store to get a feel for the neck shape and tone, then order a lefty.

if you werent assbackwards you wouldnt have this problem
Quote by DeanRedneck
find a guitar you're interested in and play it upside down in the store to get a feel for the neck shape and tone, then order a lefty.

if you werent assbackwards you wouldnt have this problem

yeah lol cant help it, its kinda annoying though cos any LP shape frets.....well upside down its kind 7th fret
I swear god put leftys on this planet to screw them over in Guitar prices!!

honestly one option i dunno if its been mentioned but have you tried going to your most trusted shop who know you well enough and see if they can get hold of the guitar you want?? it might help if your dead set on that particular guitar but the one backfire is that if you dont like it they may get angry.

just a thought
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
I swear god put leftys on this planet to screw them over in Guitar prices!!

honestly one option i dunno if its been mentioned but have you tried going to your most trusted shop who know you well enough and see if they can get hold of the guitar you want?? it might help if your dead set on that particular guitar but the one backfire is that if you dont like it they may get angry.

just a thought

your soooo right lol

yeah i know the guys very well but i dont reckon they would, most of their buissness comes from ppl they know but they give ppl they know free work etc so they arnt doing very well so its a long shot but worth a try
Quote by Archieisted
your soooo right lol

yeah i know the guys very well but i dont reckon they would, most of their buissness comes from ppl they know but they give ppl they know free work etc so they arnt doing very well so its a long shot but worth a try

Yeah well chances are they would be able to depending on how 'common' the make is, Obsecure little makes are harder to find, but most shops can get hold of most things fo ryou but it just depends on relationships that you have with them
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
It's funny my nephew is a lefty but plays righty. Because almost all guitars out there are made for right handed players he just learned to play righty and he plays great. The odds are stacked against left handed players for sure. Aside from buying a left handed guitar you could modify a guitar to play left handed.

John
Quote by Archieisted
u cant modify a guitar without cutting out lots of places.

not true, you would just have an upside down guitar with the control plate on top. my mate did it with a tele and he just replaced the nut with a lefty one and gave the guitar another set up for left handed use. it would take a tech afew hours to sort
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
not true, you would just have an upside down guitar with the control plate on top. my mate did it with a tele and he just replaced the nut with a lefty one and gave the guitar another set up for left handed use. it would take a tech afew hours to sort

it doesnt work u get poor fret access so its a pain in the *** to play
Quote by Archieisted
it doesnt work u get poor fret access so its a pain in the *** to play

he makes it work fine dude. ive seen it done with strats and other guitars, its not easy on a les paul but you just have to find a way to make it comfortable. the best looking one was a lefty gibbo flying V. Honestly just give it a try.

but the models your looking at i reckon a music shop would get atleast one of them in. id say give them a try and i reckon you will have a NGD in no time

or if all else fails but a Squier Classive Vibes Strat and turn it upside down, you shouldnt get any problems with fret access, and also it does look cool!!
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
he makes it work fine dude. ive seen it done with strats and other guitars, its not easy on a les paul but you just have to find a way to make it comfortable. the best looking one was a lefty gibbo flying V. Honestly just give it a try.

but the models your looking at i reckon a music shop would get atleast one of them in. id say give them a try and i reckon you will have a NGD in no time

or if all else fails but a Squier Classive Vibes Strat and turn it upside down, you shouldnt get any problems with fret access, and also it does look cool!!

it doesnt work for me (im the most awkward guitar player ever, and i know it) Vs are okay ive tried that, no shops have any of these guitars