I like the ones that come in the green package.... pretty sure its .10-.46 and i love playing all that.
Just get standard slinkys to be safe, if you want heavier or lighter get them next time. Remember if you are changing gauge you will have to setup the guitar to play them well.
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Bare Knuckle Riff Raff and Stormy Monday
Fender Eric Clapton Signature Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Fulltone OCD
EHX Holy Grail Nano
BYOC Tone Bender Clone
Korg Pitchblack
Fender Bassman '59 Reissue
^That.

There is also the specially coated Ernie Ball strings, they last FOREVER, a little bit pricey for strings though.

A7X usually use some pretty low drop tunings that 10's can't handle without buzzing and feeling incredibly loose, while AC/DC stuff is mostly just 1/4 step down or standard tuning.

In your case I'd get a .10-.52 set.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Last edited by ZeroCS at Sep 3, 2009,
Super slinkys are good. 0.09's
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I love the .10-.46 ones. Get those just so you don't screw up the action and stuff by getting higher gauge ones.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by Pac_man0123

I lold pretty hard as well, drop d is way too low for 10s

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by glenthemann
I lold pretty hard as well, drop d is way too low for 10s

I was thinking of Afterlife (Drop C# I think) and I remember playing most of their songs in Drop C rather than Drop D. I liked the way it sounded more than the original tuning.

Considering I have more of a taste in music towards blues and what not, it's not rare I'd make a simple mistake like that. I do find it quite strange that you would find something so minuscule so funny...you must be easily amused.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Last edited by ZeroCS at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by ZeroCS
I was thinking of Afterlife (Drop C# I think) and I remember playing most of their songs in Drop C rather than Drop D. I liked the way it sounded more than the original tuning.

Considering I have more of a taste in music towards blues and what not, it's not rare I'd make a simple mistake like that. I do find it quite strange that you would find something so minuscule so funny...you must be easily amused.

AFAIK, almost every A7x song is in drop D, Afterlife included.
.10s aren't that bad for drop c tuning i think it perfect for SOAD songs.To OP just get daddarios there cheaper,sound good,and last a long just wipe your strings with a cloth when your done using your guitar
My Gear (prepare to be amazed)

Squire Affinity Strat HSS

Yamaha FD02

Fender Bullet 150 DSP amp
Quote by Pac_man0123

The only song of theirs I know of that is in any other tuning is Almost Easy, which is Drop Db/C#
Daron from S.O.A.D. uses skinny top heavy bottom strings, witch are .10's. And he seems to play in drop C fine.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
A not from earlier green are not even slinkys which are 13's i think i had a set and didnt think much of them regular slinkys are 10's and i can play drop c just fine with those
Quote by Pac_man0123

Yes, I know that now. I use to play them in Drop C all the time when I was interested in playing A7X songs, to add more balls to it. Doing this it stuck in my mind that their songs were in Drop C, not D.

I just wanted to know why that was so lolligagible (I know it's not a word, shut up)....
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

there are only 2 songs of A7X in Drop C#. Almost Easy and Scream. Afterlife is in Drop D. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/avenged_sevenfold/afterlife_ver7_tab.htm#comments the creator of the tab says he accidentaly put it as Drop C#, but its actually only Drop D. problem solved. and 10's too thin for Drop D? are you high? 10's would be perfect! even 9's would work well. TS, just get some Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's. if you wanna go thicker, get Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms or Beefy Slinkys. you want thinner strings? go with the Super Slinky's
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
10-52 titanium coated ones or 12-56 titanium coated ones (the ones im using ;D)
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by randomhero93
there are only 2 songs of A7X in Drop C#. Almost Easy and Scream. Afterlife is in Drop D. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/avenged_sevenfold/afterlife_ver7_tab.htm#comments the creator of the tab says he accidentaly put it as Drop C#, but its actually only Drop D. problem solved. and 10's too thin for Drop D? are you high? 10's would be perfect! even 9's would work well. TS, just get some Ernie Ball Regular Slinky's. if you wanna go thicker, get Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms or Beefy Slinkys. you want thinner strings? go with the Super Slinky's

You don't even get what I said.

I KNEW their songs were in Drop D when I first checked them out, I just switched to Drop C intentionally because I liked it better. Doing this over time kind of imprinted in my mind that they played in Drop C, not D, while it was vice versa, thus leading to my false comment on A7X's songs being too low for 10's. An honest mistake, not a mindless comment...
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7