so i've been customising an old guitar and i want to get new pick ups for it but i dont know much about pick ups and whatnot.
i play mostly death/melodeath/techdeath metal, bodom/arch enemy style riffs, prog/classical style cleans and varying solo types, usually fast legato, sweeps and tapping with some divebombs.
i also use a lot of pinched and natural harmonics.

i need a bridge, middle and neck pick up and my price range is around £300
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me
How about starting by telling us what kind of sound you want...you haven't mentioned that at all.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
sorry, I just have to correct you. everyone who plays any instrument used natural harmonics; natural harmonics are "normal" notes. Pinch harmonics and chimes are called artificial harmonics.

as far as pickups go, I personally like Duncans. I however just dropped some new pups into my epi les paul from guitarfetish.com. Its factory direct, so they're cheap, pretty good pickups too. I don't know if they ship to the UK though.
Quote by pak1351
SSS, HSH, HSS, or what?
Yeah, what he said, it might help.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
oh sorry, its HSH and i want something that can give me smooth sounds for solos so that the sweeps and stuff flow nicely and something heavy for the bridge for riffs and the middle doesnt bother me much, i dont use it a lot but if i do its mainly for blues stuff when i'm practising.
Quote by flamster
Yes I AM jealous.

^ about me