Okay, I went fot a little walk just like Lady Ibanez suggested, and now i'm back (please refrain from bumping my previous thread please, I have better ideas now that I have had a whiff of fresh aire...)

This has quite puzzled me. I was writing an essay into MS word, when I realized, why couldn't I just open up a tab within Microsoft word itself, and use it to go to the internet? Why doesn't MS word have capabilities as a Web browser? Would it be much more convenient and consistent with the tab system? Also, MS word already has it's own built-in dictionary which connects to the internet, so it's not impossible.

I believe Microsoft can use this to their advantage business-wise. So many people are switching to Firefox now, which is a damned better browser (there actually is a difference in the speed in which a page loads). if Word had a built-in web browser, then people who happen to be using Microsoft Word and needing to go to the internet will use Word's web browser for convenience's sake, instead of clicking 3 more times to go to Firefox. It's just a few clicks, but it makes a lot of difference.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Because there is nothing worse than a program that tries to do everything, and barrel rolls in the process.

It's like browsing the internet on your TV...don't. Browse in your browser, write docs in your word processor and play guitar more often than both.
Quote by JohnnyV
Because there is nothing worse than a program that tries to do everything, and barrel rolls in the process.

It's like browsing the internet on your TV...don't. Browse in your browser, write docs in your word processor and play guitar more often than both.

for some people, a do-it-all program is annoying, but isn't do-it-all the basis for such products such as the iPhone?

it has music, internet browsing, call, and a host of other apps...

I for one, prefer to have my music player and phone as two different things.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Last edited by Laces Out Danny at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Laces Out Danny
for some people, a do-it-all program is annoying, but isn't do-it-all the basis for such products such as the iPhone?

it has music, internet browsing, call, and a host of other apps...

I for one, prefer to have my music player and phone as two different things.

This is true, but (IMO) the iPhone is a useless brick because of this.

I also like my "applications" to be separate. Like Phone, "music listening device", computer, TV etc.
Quote by JohnnyV

I also like my "applications" to be separate. Like Phone, "music listening device", computer, TV etc.

I agree. Multiple items ftw.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by JohnnyV

it's a very saleable useless brick though!

Quote by NemX162
Why don't you have slots to make toast in your dishwasher?

I assume it would make less profit than selling both toasters and dishwashers seperately, and there isn't much of a market for "toaster-dishwashers".

also, no one wants to get soap on their bread.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
it's a very saleable useless brick though!

I assume it would make less profit than selling both toasters and dishwashers seperately, and there isn't much of a market for "toaster-dishwashers".

also, no one wants to get soap on their bread.

Exactly, they can sell IE and Word separately and make more money. Also, [practically] nobody wants a web browser and their text editor combined, it's a waste of RAM for those who don't need that. It would just be weird and random, just as much as a toaster-dishwasher.
Quote by soulflyV
No one needs that much toast.

you can have only four or six slots per dishwasher though. no one said anything about 20-ridiculous-slots of toast.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by NemX162
Exactly, they can sell IE and Word separately and make more money. Also, [practically] nobody wants a web browser and their text editor combined, it's a waste of RAM for those who don't need that. It would just be weird and random, just as much as a toaster-dishwasher.

um, I think IE is free, but I get your point.

and nothing is weird, as long as the consumer gets used to it.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
you can have only four or six slots per dishwasher though. no one said anything about 20-ridiculous-slots of toast.
My dishwasher can make toast. I think you're doing it wrong.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
um, I think IE is free, but I get your point.

and nothing is weird, as long as the consumer gets used to it.

Actually, You pay for IE when you buy Windows.
Quote by ctb
My dishwasher can make toast. I think you're doing it wrong.

But can your toaster clean dishes?!!

Quote by soulflyV
But then you'd be wasting all that empty space on the washer then.

I use that space to hide girls.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Quote by Laces Out Danny
But can your toaster clean dishes?!!
No. The dishes pop up and crash onto the floor when they're done.
Not too keen on the idea, but I think this would be epic.
a Microwave, Toasting Kettle.

EDIT: Dammit I forgot the toast slots XD
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination

EDIT: Dammit I forgot the toast slots XDROFL
Quote by TimBFMV

EDIT: Dammit I forgot the toast slots XD

I swear that looks like a monitor and CPU.
Quote by icaneatcatfood