So I recently had a forum about how I couldn't get out pinch harmonics on my guitar since the EMG 81/85 were put on it. I was wondering does the gear matter too much? I use my Marshall MG30FX when I play the KKV with the EMG's.
well youre amp is not the best in the world and active pickups and solid state amps do not mix very well
active pickups are fine for pinch harmonics. Look at Zakk Wylde and countless other metal players.
Quote by necrosis1193
Somewhere in a concert hall in Sweden, you have just caused Yngwie Malmsteen physical pain. You also caused him to catch on fire.

Quote by frusciante.ve
I like that new song of theirs that goes all "peeeeeaaaas wiiiill comeeeeee toooo meeeee"

Just because you Seymour Duncan, doesn't mean you Seymour Dunshould
Quote by MacMan2001
active pickups are fine for pinch harmonics. Look at Zakk Wylde and countless other metal players.

yeah, but you dont see him playing an MG do you

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
well when I put the amp on OD2 the pinch harmonics come out nice so would an overdrive pedal help? or maybe the death metal pedal? and new cables?
Quote by pedroskins
well when I put the amp on OD2 the pinch harmonics come out nice so would an overdrive pedal help? or maybe the death metal pedal? and new cables?

Get rid of the piece of **** amp if you really want to solve your problem.
Try proper technique. I could do pinch harmonics on the clean channel if I had to.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by SPBY

Actually, yeah you do. Thats where we get "slamming distortion" and "crushing overdrive". He only plays them in ads thankfully.

TS, check out Marshalls and OD pedals.

Well the problem is solved. The pickups weren't working right. I don't know why. When I would turn the guitar volume off it wouldn't turn off, the pa2 wasn't working and the pickups were very quiet. I just picked it up and they're fine. the pa2 works great the pickups are awesome. i can do pinch harmonics amazingly. So for all you who thought it was my amp sucking, it wasn't and it wasn't my technique, I pull off pretty good harmonics.
Anyways thanks to those who didn't come here to bash me, thanks for the advise, and yes i'm going to check out some od pedals maybe get an eq. idk.
Quote by SPBY

Well, actually...

But seriously, you can do pinch harmonics on a nylon stringed acoustic, you can sure as hell do them with your rig. Try turning up the mids.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2