Im going to be gigging soon, so i want an amp that sounds great loud. we'll be doing covers mostly of indie, alternative rock etc. i would be playing an ibanez or a les paul through it. thats pretty much all the info i can think of now.

My price range is really £200- £300 i dont really know alot about tubes so any help on what i should get would be great.
sounds like you need a Laney VC!

theres a 15w and a 30w, the 15 will sound a lot nicer at bedroom volumes but if you cant mic it at gigs you might not get perfect cleans at high volumes
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
ive taken a look at these 2 suggestions they look good. would they both be good at gigs without micing them?
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
sounds like you need a Laney VC!

theres a 15w and a 30w, the 15 will sound a lot nicer at bedroom volumes but if you cant mic it at gigs you might not get perfect cleans at high volumes
I think everybody needs a VC deep down. I will get one some day. Even though I'm getting a Rocker 30 1st.
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Quote by redgend
ive taken a look at these 2 suggestions they look good. would they both be good at gigs without micing them?

depends on the size of the gigs, but it is good practise to mic everything so youve got big headroom for any cleans you want,

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by redgend

Depends how hard your drummer plays.
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
ok so im assuming that even if i bought the VC30 i wouldnt be able to fill a room with a drummer.
the VC30 would deafen everyone in the room (or maybe even outside it) if you cranked it up to even half volume.

15 watts is still deafeningly loud in close quaters.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by redgend
ok so im assuming that even if i bought the VC30 i wouldnt be able to fill a room with a drummer.

im pretty sure you could. at band practise my guitarist plays a VC30 on 2-3
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by redgend

Wrong
Call me Cahum.

Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
this is just me talking, but i wouldnt want to be in a small room with a dimed VC30.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

looking at the VC30 on youtube it sounds pretty awesome. thanks for the suggestions and help guys its much appreciated