Poll: Which guitars should I check out?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which guitars should I check out?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
23 52%
Schecter C-1 Classic
13 30%
Washburn WM526 - used if I can find/afford it
7 16%
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
11 25%
Jackson DKMG Dinky
14 32%
Jackson DK2S Dinky
7 16%
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
10 23%
ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000
8 18%
ESP LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
7 16%
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 Stealth
10 23%
Voters: 44.
After rethinking a few things, I've decided on a few guitars I think may be worth trying out. I plan on getting a blackstar ht-5 and playing rock and metal.

As it turns out, ideally I'd like a guitar that has an alder body, seymour duncan pickups, and an original floyd rose temolo, but the only one of these guitars that comes close is the jackson dinky (I think).

Anyway, which guitars should I get/are worth trying out at the store?

p.s. chances are I will not be able to afford the washburn unless it's 50% off or more.
Last edited by r3h0ld3r at Sep 3, 2009,
Well I played a Jackson Dinky before and it was pretty nice.
If you like rock and metal like I do, check out maybe a les paul. If you can't find the guitar with everything you want on it go for the one that comes close and then make the upgrades needed. If you don't mind style then check out the B.C. Rich Kerry King V. It has a floyd rose kahler bridge. But also make sure you know what you're getting into when you buy a floyd rose. I bought one awhile ago and ended up selling it cuz it was a pain to restring. Here's a link to the kkv (They're very comfortable sitting down if you know how to get v's into the right position) http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Kerry-King-Signature-V-Electric-Guitar-with-Kahler-Tremolo-512691-i1276269.gc

Also there's another kkv that you could buy and then upgrade the pickups to the seymour duncan's here's the link: http://www.guitarcenter.com/B-C--Rich-Kerry-King-V-Electric-Guitar-with-Kahler-Tremolo-512681-i1276268.gc
I would also add the RG1550M or the RG1570 to that list. They come with a case. You also can get a $100 rebate on the RG1570.
Thanks for the suggestions thus far.

@pedroskins - That's one thing I'm trying to figure out...is it worth it to get a good trem like the original floyd rose, cuz I've not even seen one in person yet. I've only a strat at the moment.

@erynth - I was leaning towards hellraiser to be honest. I've heard good things.

@jelifish19 - Thanks I'll have to check those out online.
People are seriously voting the C-1 over the Washburn?
The Washburn is incredible. Such a great guitar, honestly. It screams metal, has a great feeling neck (For my hands), and it has such a good look.

Although, if you can't get the Washburn, then the C-1 would actually be a good choice.
The ESP LTD M-1000 has an alder body and an OFR. And you can change pickups easily.
Quote by Baby Joel
People are seriously voting the C-1 over the Washburn?
The Washburn is incredible. Such a great guitar, honestly. It screams metal, has a great feeling neck (For my hands), and it has such a good look.

Although, if you can't get the Washburn, then the C-1 would actually be a good choice.

That's what I've been hearing but I can't find it anywhere used. Near my budget anyway...

@mamosa - I've based those specifications off a guy's website and youtube channel where he played like 20 metal guitars and stated the pros and cons of all of them. He
showed off a custom one he had built for him that had those components that he believed to be perfect for metal.
Last edited by r3h0ld3r at Sep 3, 2009,
Instead of the Hellraiser, why not try the Blackjack ATX? It has the same specs but uses Seymour Duncan Active Blackouts instead of EMG's and has an Ebony Fretboard.
I've just read through the Q&A on floyd bridges here on UG and I gotta say, I'm hesitant to get it. I want it, but I'm sure I'll screw something up. It seems really complicated. I'm so used to just a simple setup. I can't even imagine how you keep a floating bridge parallel with the neck after a string change.
What's your budget?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Friday I went to guitar center to check out their sale and the hellraiser's price with a fixed bridge was on sale. After trying it out, I felt that the neck was slow. I believe it's because it has a gloss finish, which I'm not used to. I felt like my hand would get stuck on it.

Also, quick question...Is Schecter owned by ESP? I was at Sam Ash and one of the salesmen said they didn't carry schecters. He said most stores carry either schecters or ESPs, but they carried ESPs. Is schecter of lesser quality than ESP? That's how I interpreted it.
If you're looking at the Schecter C1s you should probably check out the Washburn X50pro series too.
Searching for guitars sucks. I'm finding all these options online that look good, but when I go to some stores they don't carry them or they're sold out. Back when I didn't know any better I just got a fender strat cuz I'd heard of them before. This is a lot more complicated when you have to shop around for something that feels right for you.
Quote by r3h0ld3r
Friday I went to guitar center to check out their sale and the hellraiser's price with a fixed bridge was on sale. After trying it out, I felt that the neck was slow. I believe it's because it has a gloss finish, which I'm not used to. I felt like my hand would get stuck on it.

Also, quick question...Is Schecter owned by ESP? I was at Sam Ash and one of the salesmen said they didn't carry schecters. He said most stores carry either schecters or ESPs, but they carried ESPs. Is schecter of lesser quality than ESP? That's how I interpreted it.

Dude get the Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX then ASAP! Unlike the Hellraiser, it does not have a Gloss Neck. It's neck is smooth.
And no Schecter is not inferior in quality to ESP/LTD. They are on par with each other. Schecter is in fact said to have better QC. The ESP EC401 I played did not feel very good
Quote by Aditya_ram
Dude get the Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX then ASAP! Unlike the Hellraiser, it does not have a Gloss Neck. It's neck is smooth.
And no Schecter is not inferior in quality to ESP/LTD. They are on par with each other. Schecter is in fact said to have better QC. The ESP EC401 I played did not feel very good

I've been hearing good things about the blackjack but I never heard that news...that may be one of the more useful things I've heard. Thanks for that...now it's just trying to find somewhere that sells it.
Last night I was at guitar center trying out the hellraiser c-1 again and I came upon another hellraiser - anniversary or something like that. Problem is I can't find it on schecter's website. It looks almost exactly like the c-1 blackjack atx except it has the gothic cross inlays and silver emgs. Anyone know where I can find more information about it online?