To help out and hopefully stuff some guys femoral artery with my finger!

I get two 5-hour ER shifts at local hospitals as part of this EMT course, and today is the first.

Someone up around Tacoma Washington go into Allenmore hospital with a gunshot wound or something

Anyways, does anybody have any awesomely traumatic experiences in a hospital? Any EMTs with sweet stories?
My God, it's full of stars!
When I studied medicine I saw some pretty gross things.

Good luck, hope you don't have to clean people.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Friend's boyfriend is a paramedic, he sees all sorts of crazy stuff. The best story I ever heard from him went something like "so I arrived at the scene and there's this REALLY fat woman, and I'm like 'god, I have to lift HER into my truck?' then I realised she had no legs and was like 'phew!'"

Quote by Dreadnought
It's not cool unless you threw up blood everywhere

I had a kidney infection when I was five. I just remember pissing blood and it not being enjoyable.
i was almost killed by a gang of nine guys and spent some time there.

it sucked...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Zaphikh
I had a kidney infection when I was five. I just remember pissing blood and it not being enjoyable.

I had a kidney infection that led to me missing about 2 months of my third year at uni. Should've gone to the doctor really. I'lla gree, it's really not enjoyable at all.
When I worked in the hospital as a paramedic trainee last year, I witnessed a few cool interventions. Seeing a colonoscopy up close was pretty awesome, albeit slightly traumatic too since it was performed on a 84-year old woman...
I also witnessed a liver biopsy, it's pretty interesting to see a gang of 4 doctors standing around a single patient, sticking catheter after catheter down the guy's jugular vein... they had to put the guy to sleep beforehand, since he was punching and kicking every doctor and medical application in his reach
I'm paramedic, and about a week ago, I saw a woman that got eaten to death by her dog...and that dog died of it (I assume)...Or maybe it ate that poor woman after she died, cause it had no food left...either way, that was gross...And I've seen many more haha
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Ibanez VBT700
Ibanez SZ320
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Crafter D8/N
Peavey Transtube Bandit 112
Peavey Grind Bass 5 BXP NTB
Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby
I got an x-ray at the hospital today. That is my story.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Friend's boyfriend is a paramedic, he sees all sorts of crazy stuff. The best story I ever heard from him went something like "so I arrived at the scene and there's this REALLY fat woman, and I'm like 'god, I have to lift HER into my truck?' then I realised she had no legs and was like 'phew!'"

Quote by ZeGuitarist
I also witnessed a liver biopsy, it's pretty interesting to see a gang of 4 doctors standing around a single patient, sticking catheter after catheter down the guy's jugular vein... they had to put the guy to sleep beforehand, since he was punching and kicking every doctor and medical application in his reach

Some people don't like hospitals

A friend of mine work in the psychiatric ward and has alot of good stories. One woman they admitted was completely psychotic, screamed at every female that she wanted to rip their eyes out for being beautiful and tried to punch every male in the balls. The boss of the psychiatric ward took a punch right in the nuts
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by /-Vince-\
I'm paramedic, and about a week ago, I saw a woman that got eaten to death by her dog...and that dog died of it (I assume)...Or maybe it ate that poor woman after she died, cause it had no food left...either way, that was gross...And I've seen many more haha

Hmm that's pretty neat

I don't think my hospital has the trauma shift tonight, so I won't be getting any of those coming in, but there's been lots of druggies wandering in supposedly so maybe one will be Requiem For A Dream-ish or have gotten in a gunfight
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Kensai
A friend of mine work in the psychiatric ward and has alot of good stories. One woman they admitted was completely psychotic, screamed at every female that she wanted to rip their eyes out for being beautiful and tried to punch every male in the balls. The boss of the psychiatric ward took a punch right in the nuts

Quote by Kensai

I think you have to have a strong stomach to deal with things like that.

Dreadnought, let us know if you see anything gross
I have seen some crazy things from my years on the wards, like the public school boy who's rectum was perforated by a pool cue. I've seen canulation after canulation. Blood everywhere, screaming kids and abusive parents.

Seen people throwing up blood, it leaking from parts.

I met a boy who managed to run into a hot barbeque naked and roasted his meat and two veg. Emergency circumcision.

I've been with people as their appendices have gone into rupture or have nearly gotten there.

I've seen some gruesome things.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
I was a EMT for a summer. I saw some weird/interesting stuff. It was fun though. great experience
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I got my right kneecap blown off. That stung a bit.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I got my right kneecap blown off. That stung a bit.

why didn't you just slap it back on
Quote by Dreadnought
why didn't you just slap it back on

Was out of superglue.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
My older sister is a nurse, and she enjoys telling gross stories when we're eating =/
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
For me, been to casualty 3 times...
1) Bitten by a dog, had to get that sorted and x-rayed to make sure I didn't still have bits of teeth in my wrist. Took ages to get seen.

2) Felt ill and kept losing feeling in my hands, feet and face. Ages to get seen, visted by about 5 different doctors who did the exact same stuff, then finnally got a blood test after about 6 hours. Never found out what was wrong.

3) About 4 hours on oxygen, getting vitals monitored and blood tests done to make sure I didn't have decompressoin sickness. At least that time I got seen to within a few minutes of arriving.

Also had some kind of surgery sat up after it, which hurt like hell.

Despite all that, nothing interesting happened
ruptured my spleen at a concert. All I remeber is not being able to breathe, the feeling I the plastic capsitor of the iv... And hearing the doctor talking about draining somethig while I was I surgury...
Quote by element4433
My older sister is a nurse, and she enjoys telling gross stories when we're eating =/

My wife is a nurse. She used to work in the ER. She has some epic stories. I think my favorite is the one where some kid cut off his dick cause his dog told him too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I was talking to a friend the other day, and he used to know these guys that were EMT's. Knew them, didn't like them. They were terrible EMT's apparently. He told me a story of how one time they had to get some lady from a car accident and they brought her back to the hospital/whatev and decided she was fine aside from some cuts and bruises. So she's standing in the lobby waiting for her husband to come get her. He walks in the lobby and shouts her name, so she turns her head around to see him. She dies instantly, right there in the lobby.

I guess some part of her spine had broken at the top of her neck during the wreck, and it severed part of the spinal cord or something when she whipped her head around. Freakiest story I've ever heard.
Quote by Kensai

My old Psych teacher was telling a story about one of his friends and a certain patient. The guy was a paranoid schizophrenic and would randomly write messages down on paper that were supposedly from the C.I.A. One day he writes "kill the doctor on Friday." The Doctor asks, "which doctor?" The patient replies, "You." Then the doctor asks, "What day is today?" Patient says "Friday"

So this guy had to convince the patient that he was friends with the C. I. A. and the message he got was a fake so he he would piss off the C. I. A. by killing the doctor. That would be insane.

EDIT: I've had hundreds of catheters, including a ball tipped one and two super-pubic ones. (They stitched tubes right above my dick that went directly into my bladder and I had to unscrew little caps to empty my bladder after I pissed.) Almost killed myself with a sword on accident once. the doctor said I came 1/3 of an inch from piercing my chest cavity and bleeding to death.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Jackal58
My wife is a nurse. She used to work in the ER. She has some epic stories. I think my favorite is the one where some kid cut off his dick cause his dog told him too.

I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.