Right I made a thread a month or two back on what new guitar I should get and since then my budget's increased to £2000/$3300

My current toplist consists of:
Caparison TAT
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=07060810372329

ESP Horizon FR II
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/esp-horizon-fr-ii-electric-guitar-see-thru-black-cherry-300.html?zenid=41212c84a6431ff1c50564c97442eec2

Ibanez RG3620Z Prestige
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/79448

Out of the three I'm leaning mostly towards the Caparison but they're a bitch to get hold of.
Could use a few more alternatives too
Looking for a Soloist/superstrat body
24 frets
HH or HSS
FR or not is not an issue
Preferably keeping to the ~£1500 part of the £2000 so I have some left over for a new cab.

Played through a Peavey 6505+
Mostly along the lines of The Faceless, Nile, Periphery, TesseracT etc. but needs a good deal of versatility for a lot of other styles
No Deans, never played one I liked (and I've played a lot of them) apart from the RC7

Thanks in advance.
ohai little sig.
not gonna lie dude, i'm stumped. those are all excellent guitars.

i will say, rumour has it, the ibanez zero bridge is amazing.

other than that, find em, try em, pick one
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
I've tried all three of them (which has involved me travelling halfway across the country in each direction) and I'm completely stumped, they all blew me away, so I'm stuck for choice
ohai little sig.
this is a no brainer, get the Caparison.
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
What about a Jackson USA Soloist?

Nearer the £2000 mark, but they've got H-H (Seymour Duncan) pickups, Original Floyd Rose, Neck thru construction. Classic superstrat body, ebony fretboard (which IMO is much smoother than rosewood, and looks classier too), and comes in loads of different finishes.

Not to mention the compound radius which flattens towards the neck and the nice thin profile. Just something for you to consider, as I'm a Jackson user myself.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
USA Jackson KV2 Sunburst
Jackson KE7
BC Rich NJ Classic Mockingbird

Marshall JVM410H
Marshall 1960A

Korg Pitchblack
MXR Super Comp
Dunlop Slash Wah
ISP Decimator
The zero bridge is amazing, so much better then floyd's or edges...as for Caparison is would get the TAT II over the other two guitars...Caparisons are amazing I hear
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
I was thinking about a Jackson Soloist as well but it just seemed a bit bland compared to the others.
I also forgot to add, I'm still waiting for my Blackmachine B2 quote (3 months waiting already) so if I get a decent quote then it's a helluva toss-up between that and the Caparison
ohai little sig.
Either the Cap or the Ibanez. Both are really well made instruments. I like the s-s-h of the cap. I like the egde zero of the ibanez. truly the best trem out on the market if you want a fr style trem. If you can split/tap the ibby pickups that would be cool
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by metalmlitiachaz
get the esp. i really like them, i love the onw i own.

damn, i can't spell today, the ONE i own
ESP's are awesome, great build quality, Ibanez's play awesome, Caparison dominates tho.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Ibanez S5470 is an alternative. And a good one. It's MUCH cheaper than all those, and IMO (although I haven't tried the Caparison) almost as good as the others. It's a wee bit worse than the Horizon, but very, very close. Same with the RG. Both are better, but not that much better.
My opinion (in this order):

- Jackson SL1/SL2H
- Caparison TAT II
- J-Custom Ibanez
-
- Horizon
- Top end Carvin
-
- Ibanez prestige
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 3, 2009,
if i had £2k, i'd be looking at vigier, suhr, tyler, tom anderson, stuff like that. not ibanez, caparison and jackson. up to you, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
if i had £2k, i'd be looking at vigier, suhr, tyler, tom anderson, stuff like that. not ibanez, caparison and jackson. up to you, of course.

I don't see what everybody sees in Vigier. Granted they are great guitars, but I never found them top notch.
And for 2k, you wont buy a suhr, tyler nor Anderson. Certainly not after shipping and import taxes.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
there are dealers here... i've definitely seen some suhrs under the £2k mark, though the prices may have gone up recently. but certainly a while back you could get those pro series suhrs for a little over a grand. you might be right about tyler and anderson, though.

I liked the vigiers I tried, though i'd agree they're not quite as nice as tylers etc.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm gonna say Caparison, but instead of RG prestige, look at j. Custom on the Ibanez end of the spectrum. But if that Blackmachine quote comes back within range, thats a no-brainer
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Caparison. I so want one of them, but it's not going to happen for me. Unless my uncle is Alan Sugar, which I doubt.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by EvoLancer211
The zero bridge is amazing, so much better then floyd's or edges...as for Caparison is would get the TAT II over the other two guitars...Caparisons are amazing I hear

You may prefer it, but techinically it is actually worse then the Edge, Edge Pro (Debatable, considering the downgrades they've made on it), and Lo-Pro Edge.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by Dave_Mc
there are dealers here... i've definitely seen some suhrs under the £2k mark, though the prices may have gone up recently. but certainly a while back you could get those pro series suhrs for a little over a grand. you might be right about tyler and anderson, though.

I liked the vigiers I tried, though i'd agree they're not quite as nice as tylers etc.

You gotta ask yourself, do you want a plain jane Suhr bottom of the line Suhr model in comparison to the best Jackson, Ibanez, or ESP models you can get. Don't get me wrong, I've played about 50 Suhr's and every single one is great. It's just they have such little appeal to them in the pro line. If you get a Floyd equipped suhr you want the Modern Carve Top.

Out of the 3 TS has mentioned, I would take the Ibanez first because of the tremolo, humbuckers and excellent wood, ESP second because I'm not a fan of single coils on shredders & other than the single coils the guitars are near identical.

If you think you'd prefer the single coils over the humbuckers, go for the caparison, I just prefer a big fat lead and rhythm tone compared to a springy chimey tone.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
You gotta ask yourself, do you want a plain jane Suhr bottom of the line Suhr model in comparison to the best Jackson, Ibanez, or ESP models you can get. Don't get me wrong, I've played about 50 Suhr's and every single one is great. It's just they have such little appeal to them in the pro line. If you get a Floyd equipped suhr you want the Modern Carve Top.

i reckon you could get a higher-end suhr for £2k, but i could be wrong, and it is a while since i checked the prices.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i reckon you could get a higher-end suhr for £2k, but i could be wrong, and it is a while since i checked the prices.

A carve top modern 24 fret floyd equipped suhr runs well over $3,500 USD in most cases. The paint and other options will change it up slightly, usually for an increase. After shipping and import taxes... probably be pushing somewhere around £3k

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
For 2k you could get a top of the line Schecter Japan or perhaps a Sugi.

For 2k you can get just about anything used.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
A carve top modern 24 fret floyd equipped suhr runs well over $3,500 USD in most cases. The paint and other options will change it up slightly, usually for an increase. After shipping and import taxes... probably be pushing somewhere around £3k

yeah, possibly. as i said, it's a while since i checked the prices, it's possible that mine are out of date.

here are some prices here:

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars.asp?brandname=Suhr

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars.asp?brandname=Tom%20Anderson

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars.asp?brandname=Tyler

i don't think i was that far out, certainly a couple of each of those are available under £2k, and several more for a couple of hundred over... the moderns are a bit more, though, i think soundsgreat had a carved top one for £2800 or so.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?