I have to write a short piece in any mode I want for Theory Class. I wrote a composition, and I want feedback ASAP please, as I want the piece ready for the lesson quickly.
Edit: Sorry, that was the older version.
Attachments:
Composition.gp5
Last edited by jimmyled at Sep 3, 2009,
Do understand how chords are built? It seems like you tried to write everything at once.

One thing I learned in theory, as far as composition goes, is that you should write a good melody and then use counterpoint to come up with the other voices.
Quote by Martindecorum
what else did u have to do,
cause i feel its kinda short, and has no real melody

It's 3 times longer than the minimum.
Quote by Mangleface
Do understand how chords are built? It seems like you tried to write everything at once.

One thing I learned in theory, as far as composition goes, is that you should write a good melody and then use counterpoint to come up with the other voices.

I know, and it sounds good to me. I didn't use normal chords on purpose.
Last edited by jimmyled at Sep 3, 2009,
I think every two bars are stronger by themselves if you don't listen to the other sections around them. I do like the cadence.

And you're okay with it, I'd just go with it. It's your piece, who cares what other people say.
I thought the piece sounded great. Very dramatic, and nice chords.

I don't know what these other guys are talking about, there was a definite melody and a definite progression there. You should definitely extend this.

It sounds somewhat like Mahler meets Debussy, in a slightly atonal meeting.

Great stuff.
Quote by Martindecorum
its like 10 seconds long man,

http://www.sendspace.com/file/25xd0w

that there is what i did for my Short composition
note that it contains a melody line as the lead

Reminded me of Megadeth. And the piece is that way intentionally. It has a melody line, just not consistent.
It sounds decent. Some of the bass notes sound a little off to me, although I'm not going to analyze it. Measure 9 sounds the most 'off' to me, but the rest sound pretty good!