Hey,

I need some help choosing some new pickups for my Jackson performer. I want a more defined, tighter sound than the stocks currently in it provide, so I'm thinking active.
I play a lot of high gain metal, but also down to mellow bluesy toned stuff, Pink Floyd being one example.

Thanks guise.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
I can stretch to maybe £250 - £300 at most.

Quote by JagerSlushy
If you're looking for something different, perhaps check out a set of Beefbuckers from rockmonkeyguitars.com. Really high output passive humbuckers with great dynamics. They use Neodymium magnets. With some variation in picking dynamics, you may be able to coas lower gain tones out of them, too.

He'll give ya a 10% discount for being a UG member, too.
Ok, cheers man, will certainly check them out.

Anyone used EMG SA's? I've read Gilmour uses them, which confirms their ability to produce Gilmourish tones...

Quote by JagerSlushy
Quote by forsaknazrael
Gilmour doesn't use them because he likes how they sound, he uses them their low noise capabilities.
Pretty much, and all the classic Pink Floyd records were not done with EMG equipped guitars.
Quote by forsaknazrael
If you're looking for something different, perhaps check out a set of Beefbuckers from rockmonkeyguitars.com. Really high output passive humbuckers with great dynamics. They use Neodymium magnets. With some variation in picking dynamics, you may be able to coas lower gain tones out of them, too.

He'll give ya a 10% discount for being a UG member, too.

have you personally tried the Beefbuckers??? cuase I was listening to the sound clips on their site, and they ALL sound very bad even at high res. But I am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but idk really... what do you think sir?
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wow, this thread is old....

And what clips of the Beefbucker? There aren't any on the site.

http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/sound_clips.htm just scroll down near the bottom of the page, u'll see a bunch of sound bytes just pay some attention to the sound byte titles (e.g. "neobuckers, beefbuckers) etc...

yeah, I know this thread is old, but if i were to start a new version of this, then I'll probably get flamed

but the sound bytes sound like crap from hell lol. I know they're suppose to be a bare-bones demo, but damn that sux chinese donkey dick
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Last edited by C_majzer at Aug 14, 2010,
Quote by forsaknazrael
You do realize those are on a Fender Bassman, not a metal amp?

oops, thanks for pointing that out, its even HIGHLIGHTED lol... BUT I have the Bassman amp model (i know thats just a "model" tho) & I liked it ..but I did prettymuch just like it for solos, not to mention.. it had a ProCo dist pedal modeled with the modeled amp, so idk... but thnx for pointing that out