Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp?
Mesa Mark III Head with IIC+ and R2 mods
10 71%
ENGL Powerball
4 29%
Voters: 14.
It's been narrowed down to the following too:

Mesa Boogie Mark III head with a IIC+ mod and R2 mod (cab is included)

and the

ENGL Powerball

I want to be able to get a lead sound like John Petrucci, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai

but at the same time, be able to get a rhythm sound like Megadeth, Slayer, Dream Theater, Metallica, etc.

I play a lot of thrash metal, progressive metal, some hard rock and blues. I play in a band that is a lot like if you slammed Megadeth, Steve Vai and Dream Theatre together. Thanks again guys.

If possible, I'd like to know the pros and cons of each amp. I'm looking for an array of sounds and versatility.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
John Petrucci uses Mesa Boogies, and especially the Mark series. So if you're looking for his tone you should probably get the Mesa Boogie.
Otherwise the ENGL Powerball is an amazing amp as well but I would go with the Mesa Boogie since I as well love petruccis tone.
u did this yesterday, u just norrowed it down to teh two winners. why not just use the winner of the last thread, and stop spamming up the forum, and btw go for the mesa unless the powerball comes with cab aswell
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by bananahammock
u did this yesterday, u just norrowed it down to teh two winners. why not just use the winner of the last thread, and stop spamming up the forum, and btw go for the mesa unless the powerball comes with cab aswell

Actually, I have not been spamming up the forum. Please do not start with me like that. And yeah, at this point, I'm leaning towards the Mesa.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Mesa!
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Ill say the same thing as last topic. Mark III. Cleans that are amazing. A tight lead channel. GEQ for more tone shaping. Thousands of tones under the sun of this little amp
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Mesa Mark III
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
If Mesa is winning by more than 10, I'm automatically getting it, no buts. At this point, I will probably will anyway haha.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
not everyone who responds will vote in teh poll and vice versa. At least i usually forget to do one than the other

Seriously with those two mods it'll make a great amp
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
not everyone who responds will vote in teh poll and vice versa. At least i usually forget to do one than the other

Seriously with those two mods it'll make a great amp

I'm sure it will. I meant votes+opinions.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
A bump for one more round.
My Gear:
Guitars: