I am a fingerstyle guitarist and rely on my nails A LOT for tone and playability. Breaking my nails is something that has cost me hours of practice time and even gigs because I cannot play without them. I recently got a job working retail at some grocery store and I am worried that I may damage my nails due to all of the hands on work that is required. Does the pit know of any sort of nail shield ( ) that I could use to prevent this from happening? Maybe ask you mom?

And yes, I am very aware that this post may sound like a tub full of estrogen to some of you pit people but this is very serious.

Thanks.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
Finger Picks. Use them.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
mesh gloves? Its like a modern day chain mail. They have them in the deli I work at.
rubber fingerhats for turning pages
been watching scrubs...
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
Quote by King Twili
Finger Picks. Use them.

I've tried fingerpicks in the past and found the the tone they provided was extremely 'glassy'and it felt like my fingers were drunk when I tried to play with them on.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Quote by wanksta
rubber fingerhats for turning pages
been watching scrubs...

this lol me 2
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
You could use clear nail polish, nobody should notice you're wearing it and it will make your nails stronger.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Gloves? Seems like a simple answer to me. Or you could just pay attention and watch what you're doing...

Gloves are the key, whats wrong with gloves?
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Oh man don't touch my apples with those nails!

theres no getting round it i spose, obviously you can get nail varnish kinda things which will strengthen them a small amount so check that out. or try different brands of fingerpicks etc.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
I like the gloves idea. Although it may be a difficulty if your picking stuff up n stuff like that. I dont see how you would break your nails by moving stuff or whatever though.

What do you actually do at work that might make your nails break.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Gloves? Seems like a simple answer to me. Or you could just pay attention and watch what you're doing...

I somehow completely forgot about gloves . Those just might do the trick. Thanks.
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06