Yes, I've used the search bar, there's too many possible ways and recommendations.

Is there a generally accepted best way? I hear 0000 steel wool is good, and then some people say use lemon oil, and others say stay away from it, I've read some places saying a dry fret board isn't actually all that bad, it adds, and that lemon oil changes the frets and whatnot, so many differing opinions. I've also heard that Fret Doctor is good. If you use a method, a bit of detail would be nice, like if you use lemon oil, how much, and how long do you leave it for etc? Thanks.
Cleaning the fretboard? 0000 steelwool and lemon oil for rosewood and Ebony.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Lemon oil isn't exactly for cleaning the fretboard. It is to make sure the board doesn't get really dried out. You only do that about twice a year. Its when people use too much of it or do it too often that it does bad things to the frets. I personally wipe some on the guitar with no strings and then let it sit for about 10 minutes and wipe it any excess off. Dry fretboards can be bad. Strings rubbing on a dry one can start chipping it. Really bad ones will start cracking. I remember walking by this one music store with guitars in the window facing the sun and how horrible they looked. I wanted to run in there and wipe them down with lemon oil because i felt so bad for them.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
How much lemon oil should I apply? Like a couple of drops on a cloth and then rub each fret, or a certain amount of drops on a fret? Also, do you use steel wool first, then use lemon oil, and then wipe that off 10 minutes later with a cloth?
I just scrape the finger poo off with a pick when i change strings.
Anyway , lemon oil is used for dry fretboards . The steelwool is used to clean the fretboard.
Just wipe the dirt of with the wool then apply the lemon oil and after 10 minutes remove the oil that is still left with a dry cloth.
Lemon oil is for the fretboard, not the frets. I use a dry cloth and just squirt some lemon oil on it. Since I'm wiping any excess off, I dont really worry about "Too much." I mean I'm not completely saturating it until its dripping, but its enough that it is getting onto the fretboard and shining with a layer on it.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
an old credit card or similar is perfect for scraping crap off your fret board and as for lemon oil u can buy it with an applicator thing u just jub on frets leave for a few mins (bout 10) and wipe excess hope this helps u out.