sappnin guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BB9b_32iLM&feature=related

just wondering if anyone knows anything about tom delonge's new guitar. from this video, it looks like on his sig gibson, "gibson" is covered up, and at the end, if you pause at 3.12, you can easily see a different headstock, and what i thought at first said fender, but i dont think it does.

anyone know?

cheers

peace
Gear :

Michael Kelly Patriot Custom
Fender Strat HH MIM
Musicman Sub1
Eko Ranger
Yamaha APX 700
Ibanez EW
Marshall AVT Tribute 100w head
Framus 2x12 cab
Roland Cube 30
Quote by paddy182
sappnin guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BB9b_32iLM&feature=related

just wondering if anyone knows anything about tom delonge's new guitar. from this video, it looks like on his sig gibson, "gibson" is covered up, and at the end, if you pause at 3.12, you can easily see a different headstock, and what i thought at first said fender, but i dont think it does.

anyone know?

cheers

peace

hmm ... thats actually interesting, it could be fender but i highly doubt it. im not too sure though, looks like a deformed dean headstock or deformed prs headstock ... but meh, i dunno
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
The first guitar is gibson, the second, i dont know. Some kind of ibanez maybe?

Quote by flawson27
could it be a gretsch?

Quite possibly. More likely than Ibanez
just give me a fender and let me rip
My guess would be that it's a Getsch or Gibson. Leaning more to the Gretsch though. Hell it could be a Gibson body with a Gretsch neck and head <.<
it's not gibson or gretsch. the first letter of the logo is a b.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
It might actually say Blink 182.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
His Gibson signature is uglier than sin.
I prefer his Epi over the Gibby. But I wouldn't buy either unless I had to.
it could be his signature with a custom neck ? touring musicians tend to modify their guitars alot
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Crizzle
It might actually say Blink 182.

You might be right sir. But it's damn hard to tell in that script writing he's got on there
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

My guess is its something custom / hand made / random luthier.

Never seen the script or headstock before.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
This guitar is made by a company called Baritone. I have seen some close ups of this guitar and have even been on the company website but for some reason, I can't find any of the information I found before. So here's a picture of it... That's about the best I can find atm.

P.S. I agree it's stupid to call your company Baritone. It's like calling your company "Guitar".
Ben
Last edited by Ben Middleton at Jan 30, 2010,
what a terrible name for a custom company (if you're correct about the name). how would you EVER find them? google search "baritone custom guitar" and you'll get only about 150,000 possible links.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Ben Middleton
This guitar is made by a company called Baritone. I have seen some close ups of this guitar and have even been on the company website but for some reason, I can't find any of the information I found before. So here's a picture of it... That's about the best I can find atm.

P.S. I agree it's stupid to call your company Baritone. It's like calling your company "Guitar".

You do know that this topic was last posted in on September 3rd, right?
:|
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by jdrier21
here's a better vid of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwni1cSI9QM&feature=related
from what i hear it was made by a custom luthier. i could always just be a quick fix replacement neck for his favorite guitar he broke on the road

It's a baritone version of his Gibson made by a luthier. He uses it on the song Obvious (I didn't click the link, cause that's probably what it is :P), because the song is in C# tuning.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Last edited by Justice4AllOne at Jan 30, 2010,
Quote by Justice4AllOne
It's a baritone version of his Gibson made by a luthier. He uses it on the song Obvious (I didn't click the link, cause that's probably what it is :P), because the song is in C# tuning.

correction, i just figured that out.
here's even a link to the tab.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/blink_182/obvious_ver4_tab.htm
Quote by Justice4AllOne
You do know that this topic was last posted in on September 3rd, right?
:|

Yeah, sorry about that but I figured I might as well answer the question. It is definetly the word 'Baritone' printed on the headstock. The guy that made it made another one that was brown. Tom uses it for this song because he tunes the song down. He used to use a baritone Fender Jaguar custom thingy.

I'm annoyed that I can't find the website of the guitar maker. I had it before!
Ben
Quote by Ben Middleton
Yeah, sorry about that but I figured I might as well answer the question. It is definetly the word 'Baritone' printed on the headstock. The guy that made it made another one that was brown. Tom uses it for this song because he tunes the song down. He used to use a baritone Fender Jaguar custom thingy.

Actually, Obvious was always previously played on his Gibson ES-333. Are you thinking of Mark who used the baritone Fender Bass VI tuned to EADGBE one octave below standard during I Miss You?
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened
Quote by Ben Middleton

YES! I found it. The company is Baratto guitars

http://barattoguitars.com/?page_id=14

Go to the bottom of that page to see Tom's custom guitars.
I like the yellow one

Although... I don't get why Gibson couldn't have made these for him anyway...

Oh and about the Obvious thing, I am pretty sure he used the Fender Jag thing. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axzpa9cRsFI
Ben
Last edited by Ben Middleton at Jan 30, 2010,
I got distracted from figuring out what guitar it is... I was listening to his speech...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Skynyrd890
I got distracted from figuring out what guitar it is... I was listening to his speech...

Who's speech?
Ben
Tom talking at the end there... "hey guys stfu, I gotta say something!"
People may not like him, but he's got a very good way with keeping people interested.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
nice find! "baritone" would be impossible to find if you wanted to i like some of their stuff. not a fan of that headstock shape though...
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by Ben Middleton
Oh and about the Obvious thing, I am pretty sure he used the Fender Jag thing. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axzpa9cRsFI

Nice find. I haven't seen this video yet. He's still singing good in it (yet he sang horribly during the rest of the AOL Sessions?).
He was using his Gibson in all of the other videos I saw, so thanks XD
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem

Quote by MightySumo

Quote by oneblackened