I think I am doing my tapping wrong...I will try to explain as best I can using this megadeth (devils island) example:

Intro solo
e|-19t15p12-19t15p12-19t15p12-19t15p12-|
B|-------------------------------------|
G|-------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------| -------|
A|-------------------------------------| |
E|-------------------------------------| |

So I am supposed to do this:

I should already have finger 1 on the twelfth fret, finger 2 on the fifteenth and I tap

the 19 with my 1st finger right hand, lift off (sounding the 15th fret note) and pull off

to a twelfth. Sounds simple...here is where the confusion comes in. I guess I have

developed a bad habit of hammering back on the 15th fret BEFORE I tap the 19th

fret again. As I goto tap the 19th fret fingers 1 (fret 12) and 2 (fret 15) should be put

in their fret position RIGHT AS I tap the 19th fret again right? I realize that down the

road I might to have to do the extra hammer on but it isnt required for this song. Its

a bad habit I have and I need to get rid of it....thx
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
index finger for 12, pinky for 15, doesn't matter which finger you tap with but you'll probably get more power out of your middle finger (which is what i use).

Pull 19 of to 15, pull 15 off to 12, tap 19, place pinky back on 15, repeat

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Thanks, that is what I thought. It feels weird..lol...just have to SLOWLY practice it more and more. As I get better, I find it harder to play things slow.
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
Quote by d4man
Thanks, that is what I thought. It feels weird..lol...just have to SLOWLY practice it more and more. As I get better, I find it harder to play things slow.

I know exactly what you mean but your right about playing slow. Thats the only way to get better. Just take your time and have fun with it
I hate my sig
I try to keep it fun. It gets really boring practicing scales, hammer ons, pull off...etc etc...I try to find songs that incorporated exercises....Take AC/DC Thunderstruck for example...horrible song IMO...but the intro is a great exercise for developing alt picking and making the right and left hands work together while incorporating an open string pluck every now and then...

Edit...I just watched the video and those are supposed to be hammer on/pull offs...weird...that not what my Guitar mag said...oh well...its still a good exercise...
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II
Last edited by d4man at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by SPBY
middle finger (which is what i use).

Dude, thanks for the advice now I can keep holding my pick..it never dawned on me to do it that way
My Gear:

Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II