Kinda bummed really, knew it was going to end though. Basically i put in all the work, wrote the riffs, lyrics and even told the damn drummer what to do because he was too thick to do it himself.

We've been together for nearly a year though haven't had a gig as the learning process for the band (especially the drummer) has been SO SLOW

Spent over £400 for the two recordings too which is a waste.

Has anyone else went through the same thing? I struggle to find people who are dedicated and can play their instrument well.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I hate when my band breaks up. Then we can't rehearse anymore.

Listen to Moby, you'll be ok.
last.fm[/url}
Get lawyer, pick up all rights to the songs, get new band, succeed, profit.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto

I highly doubt the songs were copyrighted.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
So you spent £400 on recordings when you weren't even gigging? Wrong way round if you ask me. Ypu get gigging, then when you have a bit of following and such, then you spend money on recordings. Well, you start off with crappy DIY recordings. It's free.
Magnificent tale, chap.

Blog it.
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
I don't even find people for a band.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So you spent £400 on recordings when you weren't even gigging? Wrong way round if you ask me. Ypu get gigging, then when you have a bit of following and such, then you spend money on recordings. Well, you start off with crappy DIY recordings. It's free.

How the hell is it free?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
At first i thought it would work but after i heard the 2nd recording and noticed how terrible the singer was i knew it wasn't for me.

I don't regret spending that much though, at least i can look back on it and say i wrote that when i was 16 years old lol
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So you spent £400 on recordings when you weren't even gigging? Wrong way round if you ask me. Ypu get gigging, then when you have a bit of following and such, then you spend money on recordings. .

says who? you? i've been working since april on an album for a new project that has never seen the light of day yet. i'm working with a team of professionals who have established a buisness plan around the project. In fact, the album is not scheduled to come out until May and we don't plan on playing a single show until then. actually, the tour is waiting on the album release.

so yeah... do you think maybe im doing all of this for nothing, because i should have been gigging and building up a following first? or maybe, just maybe, its good to have a few songs people can listen to before they see you live so they know your songs and remember you better....i wonder.

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Sucks man, i feel as though my band aren't putting in any effort at the moment, i have given up trying to motivate them but if they want to start doing something again then i will be up for it.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by tauket2
says who? you? i've been working since april on an album for a new project that has never seen the light of day yet. i'm working with a team of professionals who have established a buisness plan around the project. In fact, the album is not scheduled to come out until May and we don't plan on playing a single show until then. actually, the tour is waiting on the album release.

so yeah... do you think maybe im doing all of this for nothing, because i should have been gigging and building up a following first? or maybe, just maybe, its good to have a few songs people can listen to before they see you live so they know your songs and remember you better....i wonder.

-chris-

So I guess you completely missed the bit where I said "if you ask me"? I also specified SPEND MONEY on recording. There really is no point spending £400 on recording 2 songs if you're unknown. DIY demos are absolutely fine.
Quote by tauket2

-chris-

No you're doing it the wrong way round.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
im just saying... if he thought it was a good idea to spend that money on those recordings, who knows, they could have ended up on the internet and became planetary hits, like the arctic monkeys. success usually comes in the most unexpected ways.

-chris-
<DInkyDaisy>I would so have sex with tauket now.
<SpacedOut>I'd kill to have tauket naked in a bath of warm milk right now.
<Blnkgttrst>Oh Chris, you're what the Spaniards call "El Terrible"
<Jallas>chris you're hot in bed
Quote by Deliriumbassist
So I guess you completely missed the bit where I said "if you ask me"? I also specified SPEND MONEY on recording. There really is no point spending £400 on recording 2 songs if you're unknown. DIY demos are absolutely fine.

Well thats's you opinion, which i don't care about.

As a matter of fact we where quite well known in our area and have had over 14,000 hits on the 2 songs so...
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
At first i thought it would work but after i heard the 2nd recording and noticed how terrible the singer was i knew it wasn't for me.

I don't regret spending that much though, at least i can look back on it and say i wrote that when i was 16 years old lol

Or you might think back and ask yourself what kind of fail you were into back then.

Maybe.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you don't care about opinions, don't make a goddamn thread.

+1 Just blog it if you don't want any one to care.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by tauket2
im just saying... if he thought it was a good idea to spend that money on those recordings, who knows, they could have ended up on the internet and became planetary hits, like the arctic monkeys. success usually comes in the most unexpected ways.

-chris-

Yes but for a group of 16 year-olds just starting out it's probably not such a good idea.
I made the thread to ask people about other experiences with this not argue about recordings
so drop it, k?
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
alright the pit needs to stop being immature assholes most of the time

TS is (or was?) only 16 so give him a break. Things like that happen. You should keep writing and playing, and look for dedicated people to play your music. Be flexible. Look in other towns, older or younger than you (probably older) Maybe learn to sing yourself if you can't find a singer, or teach a friend bass (ololol)
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Yes but for a group of 16 year-olds just starting out it's probably not such a good idea.

they were probably doing it for fun, for the experience of recording a song in a band. I did that when I was twelve. It was a good idea, get off this thread if you're not gonna be of any help.
What I would have said about the recordings has already been said, really bad idea there TS.

All I would say is, you wrote all the music and lyrics, the songs are yours. DON'T let the other guys say that they have any ownership of them becasue they played them with you, badly, for a bit. Take your songs, and work on new ones of course, and start a new band.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
If you don't care about opinions, don't make a goddamn thread.

This is pretty much common sense TS. If you want to believe that you are right about everything all of the time, and don't want a different viewpoint and opinion in the subject, then please don't start a thread asking for opinions.
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Adam124
Well thats's you opinion, which i don't care about.

As a matter of fact we where quite well known in our area and have had over 14,000 hits on the 2 songs so...

If you just dismiss other peoples opinions like that, you aren't gonna make it very far.

If you had done some gigs first, then you will have got a following, and some money behind you to make a demo or something, that way you won't be losing any money out of your own pocket if it goes pear shaped, you will just be losing the bands money.

Its ok if you have the kind of money to throw around, but seriously, its a bit of a gamble just putting it into a demo if no one has ever heard your music before and have no idea what you sound like live.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by skittle_eater
alright the pit needs to stop being immature assholes most of the time

TS is (or was?) only 16 so give him a break. Things like that happen. You should keep writing and playing, and look for dedicated people to play your music. Be flexible. Look in other towns, older or younger than you (probably older) Maybe learn to sing yourself if you can't find a singer, or teach a friend bass (ololol)

Thanks for not being a nob hahah! Yeah well im coming 18 in November now, i know a guy whos unreal at drumming and singing, and my friend is a great bassist. I'd like to think I'm an ok singer too, just need to build some confidence in myself.

School is kinda going to be a major obstacle but i think i can work my way round it. I haven't played live in almost 3 years i miss it
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
So my band have broke up?

Well,

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Seriously though, that sucks and i'm sorry dude. You can just go DIY, that's what i'm doing. Write some sweet songs, find a good producer, shell out your hard earned dough for some sweet tracks, send em around to people and GOOD musicians will come.
Quote by Adam124
Thanks for not being a nob hahah! Yeah well im coming 18 in November now, i know a guy whos unreal at drumming and singing, and my friend is a great bassist. I'd like to think I'm an ok singer too, just need to build some confidence in myself.

School is kinda going to be a major obstacle but i think i can work my way round it. I haven't played live in almost 3 years i miss it

well good luck dude, that really sucks :/ but looks like it could turn out great
Quote by SilentHeaven109
What I would have said about the recordings has already been said, really bad idea there TS.

All I would say is, you wrote all the music and lyrics, the songs are yours. DON'T let the other guys say that they have any ownership of them becasue they played them with you, badly, for a bit. Take your songs, and work on new ones of course, and start a new band.

This is pretty much common sense TS. If you want to believe that you are right about everything all of the time, and don't want a different viewpoint and opinion in the subject, then please don't start a thread asking for opinions.

I don't think im right i just annoyed when people come across as pretty ignornant. All someone has to say is, "maybe for next time don't spew out that much cash"

I'v learnt that the hard way lmao.

The other band members won't take any credit for the songs, i know them too well to do a shady thing like that although that being said, i may just copywrite them just to be on the safe side.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I've been in a similar situation with my last band. We formed in January and we only have 3 songs to date, so I decided to leave. I'm still sticking around though to help them out with teaching new guitarists and I drum for them until they find a replacement, but i'm only a temp.

The band before that took about 2 years until we actually did a single gig, it's frustrating.
Quote by Adam124
I don't think im right i just annoyed when people come across as pretty ignornant. All someone has to say is, "maybe for next time don't spew out that much cash"

All I'm saying to you is, if you don't want peoples opinions, don't ask, and the point of a thread on any forum is to seek other peoples opinions and thoughts on a certain matter of the TS's choosing, so if you "don't care" about peoples opinions, then don't request them, it's common sense, mate.
Quote by Ylasto

Axl Rose style minus the succeed?
There's something living in these lines.