Hey
I've got a crate FW series combo guitar amp.
I have been playing for a while now and I'm looking fr some bigger amp.
And a searched the pages of music stores and I saw the Bugera 412 amp cabinet.
I was wondering if I maybe could use my crate FW as a head for the bugera cabinet.
Now, my questions are:
Will it work?
Will it sound ok?
Will it sound just like my crate FW (but louder) or will it sound heavier (or lighter but i doubt that :p)?
It will not be any louder. It will be more percussive, but not louder. It is pretty pointless, you'd be adding a mediocre cab to a pretty mediocre head... Not gonna do a whole lot for your tone, at least good.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Just get a new head and cab dude.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
It will add some volume, but the difference is hardly noticeable (I'm serious, you probably won't notice a difference in volume). From what I've gathered the Bugera cab is not that great, you'd probably be better off saving for a better amp.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
you can rig that up if you REALLY wanted to as long as the amp has a 8 or 16 ohm speaker out, or what ever the amps impedence is....but you would be better off getting a new amp.

that setup would make everything seem louder, when its not. you will still be getting the same wattage as what the amp throws out, but becoming out of more speakers.
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
It can work, but it won't be worth it. As tubetime said, why add a mediocre cab to an already mediocre (IMO awful) amp? It won't sound louder and it won't sound better. Sell your Crate and buy a decent amp.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
if you want a nicee cab look at the harley benton vintage g212 or g412
fitted with celestion v30s and the 2x12 is only £155

but personally i'd replace the head too