Whilst reading the other day, I stumbled across an article in Combat Arms that got me thinking. In the article it was discussing Jihad snipers in Iraq, how they operate, and their effect with propaganda. The article proceeded to state that at this point in the war, the terrorist are playing what they call the Vietnam card.The strategy is to videotape every successful sniper kill (or knock back) and post it on the internet. The western media then sees the shot, and proceeds to make a "story" on how the snipers are killing our troops. At this, people see that troops are dying and demand to bring our boys home. The government is forced to oblige, the terrorist feel they win.

The Jihad is being fought against the west, if we pull out they may pursue the Jihad further and take the fight to our soil. The point of this thread is to discuss your opinions on the situation. How do you feel we should handle ourselves? What do you think us Americans should do now that our bumbleheaded commanders have started a war against us?

P.s. If there is a thread about this already, I'm sorry.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Last edited by Butthead at Sep 3, 2009,
That's what the want us to think. Clever.

Where's the proof that the clips arent faked?

Btw: Interesting thread, bro.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
I've not seen any stories about "Jihad snipers" so I can't say I'm too worried.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Here's the solution.
1. Pull troops out
2. Nuke the sh*t out of the place
3. have a self-congratulatory wank.

Problem solved.

Back in 10.
You aren't taking into consideration that the article could be propaganda to make us think terrorists are using propaganda to get us to leave Iraq, so that we don't leave Iraq when we probably should.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
What north american didnt understand that troops were dying? Its called war. anyone with half a brain understands its just a last ditch effort. The taliban are out of ideas and are resorting to scare tactics once again. old news.
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Quote by Meths
I've not seen any stories about "Jihad snipers" so I can't say I'm too worried.

This is just an example of the many things they do to show Americans dying, and there was an article in The New York Times about the snipers not that long ago, and it was the feature story on the front page.

Current Gear:

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
I disapprove of your sig. Making fun of wars isn't cool.
Quote by Equivalence
By starting this thread you are contributing to the sense of "panic" just as much.

Maybe. I'll edit out the how scary is that part, less panicy that way.

Quote by Ghast
I disapprove of your sig. Making fun of wars isn't cool.

What? I have no idea where that came from.

Current Gear:

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
I actually enjoy propaganda and the creativeness of the creator. As long you're an active thinker you'll see straight through it and propaganda looses its strength, meaning and purpose... as long as it's entertaining and funny.... FTW!
Guess we'll just have to make a videotape of every cave we ('our boys') blow up and send it to them.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
i doubt they will bring the war to your soil accept some low key bomb attacks
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Quote by CrackAddict2000
Guess we'll just have to make a videotape of every cave we ('our boys') blow up and send it to them.

It's people like you who reinforce the "all americans are brainwashed idiots" stereotype.
Wait people would be surprised at seeing dead soldiers? What the hell? They're soldiers, they sign up with the acknowledgment that they may die.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!