Someone I know bought this bass on ebay a while back. He told me what kind of model it was but i completely forgot. Its some kind of old fender, i believe. The pics arent that great but these are the best i can get. Any info?

It looks sorta like half Fender Aerodyne, half Fender Cowpoke to me. Other than that I have no idea. Try and find out what model it is from your friend.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by joehhy

Best picture ever.

But on the serious note can't u get in touch wiht the ebay dude?
Are you an indie band?... *accepts that I have to help all bassists, even if they play indie* Looks like a Line6 from the scratchplate, it's blatantly not though.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

lol..

1. ive never been in touch with the ebay dude in the first place, this was my friend who bought that bass.

2. he has one facial expression because he only has one emotion.

3. i am not in an indie band

EDIT: I remembered. Its a Fender JP-90.
Last edited by joehhy at Sep 3, 2009,
I've never,ever heard of a JP-90 before.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Not sure about the bass, but what is that big bottom cabinet? It looks huge.
The JP-90 was one of those odd models that the management buy-out team knocked out pronto, to erase the horrors of the 80's.
Long time since I've seen one, but I recall them being pretty good basses. Undervalued now, I'd say, and worth hanging on to.

Pretty sure the 'big cab' is a 1x15" Hartke Transporter - the ones with the paper cones. Amp's an Ashdown MAG, but I'm not sure about the 4x10".
Quote by m4l666
Are you an indie band?... *accepts that I have to help all bassists, even if they play indie* Looks like a Line6 from the scratchplate, it's blatantly not though.

and whats up with indie? its the best mate!

and it looks like a modded fender jazz
Fender: Aerodyne Precision Bass
Squier: Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

BOSS: TU-2
BOSS: ODB-3
Jim Dunlop: Bass Wah Wah
Electro Harmonix: The Mole
Electro Harmonix: Bass Big Muff
Behringer: Bass Limiter Enchancer

Hartke: Kickback 12
The JP-90 was the first Fender bass I saw with PJ pickups.
They were the cheaper Fenders, made in Japan (JP.....) and made to face the japanese Ibanez RD707 and the like.
Lighter than a Pbass or a Jazz, its surely something to keep as it's about 20 years old, the wood should be stable. Only the electronics might need some tweaking....

I was thinking of buyng one at the time to replace mu Jazz copy from china (REALLY BAD!), ended up buying an active Aria (active was very new at the time, and slapping was much better). If I only knew.....

Sorry for the rambling on...
yeah ive played it before, the bass is light was a feather.
the last time i saw it was months ago, and the wood around the upper strap knob was all chopped up and the screw was exposed/coming out. it doesnt sound half bad though.
The cabinet on the bottom doesn't look like a Hartke Transporter. There's a line going down the Logo.

Looks like a 18 incher to me.
Can someone explain what the point of this thread is?

No offense of course, I'm just kinda lost hahaha
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
because i wanted to know what kind of bass that was, cause i couldnt remember.