ok so if you saw my other thread, youd know that it leaves me without a cab lol.

i put my 5150 on craigslist for sale or trade for a cab.

this guy offered me a marshall mode four cab. from what ive been reading, the mode four has speakers that sound like a v30 with better bass, which is what i want. they also seem to be built solidly and great for metal, which i also want. but the price they are going for is less than what im trying to get for my 5150, so maybe cab + cash? he also has a peavey cab and a randall 2x15 warhead cab up for trade, but i wasnt as interested in those.

thoughts, advice, etc?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
what amp are you getting?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I thought you ended up with a Mark IV combo in the other thread???

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Why would you want to trade a $450-$600 head for a $300 cab

If your gonna get a cab get a good one and be done with it.. IE Mesa, Krank, Mills, Orange, Vader and so on.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 3, 2009,
well if the other deal goes through, i do end up with a mark IV combo. but i also have a mesa stiletto head.

and to IP, i just figured trading for a cab would be easier than selling, and then buying a cab. and i hear really good things about these mode four cabs. but its actually probably a lot better of an idea to just go ahead and get a vader/mesa/whatever
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The reason I say go that route is I did something similiar. I traded some stuff for a Marshall 1960b cab and thought I was making out like bandit. Turns out the cab was the exact opposite of what I was truly looking for in the end. And coupled with a poor resale value I had to deal with it longer then expected. So if you can get the one that you really want upfront.
Wait for a better cab, you can do better imo. I'd need a lot of cash on top of that cab to trade a 5150 head for it
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
alright so i decided im just gonna try to get cash for the 5150 and then buy a cab. any advice on cabs? i have a mesa 2x12. i really like the highs and mids of the v30s, but the bass isnt punchy or big or anything. its hard to get it to sound thick. i plugged up my friends cheap randall cab with it once, and it was phenomenal. that randall cab has horrible high end and a scooped, weird sounding midrange. but the bass was tight and big and punchy. paired with the v30 to round out the mids/highs, it sounded great. so im kinda looking for something like that. i was thinking maybe a cab with 2 v30s and 2 g12k100s?

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.