so, the highest i will tune my guitar will be C-standard, with me playing in Drop-B 80% of the time, and occasionally trying standard/drop A. now, im pretty sure i have a reg. set of 11s on now with a 49 bottom i believe, and drop B is decent, but i want something that doesnt sound as sloppy/loose. but what bottom string gauge would be sufficient? 52? 56? maybe a 60?

if i can figure out what bottom would be decent, everything else will be set.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
I use the Not Even Slinky set of Ernie Balls, I believe they are 13's, sufficient for Drop B.
Quote by cleft11
I use the Not Even Slinky set of Ernie Balls, I believe they are 13's, sufficient for Drop B.

This. But MAKE SURE you never tune higher than C. If you go to standard it'll **** up your neck.
well i was using .010's for a standard for the longest time and trust me it was fine.

i used to use some .013's (and use them again now) and i was able to go from a standard to e standard fine and no it didnt **** up my guitar.

in the end if you want c standard id use .012's because even with .013's they were a little tight
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
Quote by lanzaa
well i was using .010's for a standard for the longest time and trust me it was fine.

i used to use some .013's (and use them again now) and i was able to go from a standard to e standard fine and no it didnt **** up my guitar.

in the end if you want c standard id use .012's because even with .013's they were a little tight

It would **** up your neck over time, the tension would be unbearable for it, unless you adjust the truss rod.
12's or 13's, depending on how tight you like your strings. I use 11's in C# and they're perfect.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera