i dropped my guitar bcuz the strap broke and the chip is on on like the edge of the back and bottom. its about 2 and a half square inches in size. can anyone help?
...I'm confused about what the issue is.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Deal with it? Not much you can do for a whole big chip coming off your guitar. Guitars get scratched, they get chipped. My first chip was a big deal too. But it's unimportant.
One step closer to relicing. It gives character :]

But for real though, there's nothing you can do unless you refinish it.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Duct Tape Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
I agree with all the comments above.

What guitar is it?
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Sep 3, 2009,
the first time its always a big deal. i remember i went through the same
Some people feel the need to freak. I did when I got a centimeter long chunk taken out of my guitar. But I had been planning to put an SRH sticker right where it was. So that fixed it...

And I still wonder how the hell I got a perfectly circular dent in the cutaway.
Quote by ibrahimasood
I agree with all the comments above.

What guitar is it?

its a gold squier strat i think im just gonna buy a new one for the price i dont like the gold color either there only like 120 w the deal guitar center has goin on
Quote by skater4life433
its a gold squier strat i think im just gonna buy a new one for the price i dont like the gold color either there only like 120 w the deal guitar center has goin on

Wait you are going to buy a new guitar just because of a crack?
well yeah for 120 ill just get the black one i wanted the gold doesn't look that great if you ask me
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
What do you do when a little wood chunk falls off of your new $60 skateboard deck?

Deal with it? I don't skate so I have no idea which part is a deck, but if it's what I think it is, based on my cousin's skateboard, you deal with it.

Quote by skater4life433

...You're buying a new one. Because of a crack?

(I know it's not very disappointed, but there are very few pics of Stevie unhappy online, which is actually a good thing.)

Stevie Ray Vaughan and #1 are disappointed with you.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 3, 2009,
look at my profile pic for the chip
EDIT: nvmthe pics 2 big
Last edited by skater4life433 at Sep 3, 2009,
dont get a new guitar over that. save up for a better guitar. and a little dent-chip is no big deal. wont effect sound, just a little cosmetic flaw that makes yours unique. and if the colors a big deal, take it apart and recolor.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by skater4life433
look at my profile pic for the chip
EDIT: nvmthe pics 2 big

My friend, take a look at some of the guitars that carved some of the finest strat tones I've ever heard;

John Frusciante;

Stevie Ray Vaughan;

And finally Rory Gallagher's rain-and-sweat-akin-to-paint-stripper-worn '61;

(Invalid img)

One dent is not a big deal or a sufficient reason to buy another guitar. In addition no matter what you do wear will happen eventually. You don't sell a car because of one ding, nor do you get a new guitar because of a chip in the finish.

And now to leave off with a quote from Mr. Paul Reed Smith, who makes some of the sexiest guitars known to man;

"I don't want people to baby them, I don't want people to treat them like precious artifacts. I want to see people get their first dings, their first scratches, I think it builds character, I think it takes an already beautiful guitar and makes it even moreso."

Or words to that effect,t he vid got taken down.

Quote by necrosis1193
"I don't want people to baby them, I don't want people to treat them like precious artifacts. I want to see people get their first dings, their first scratches, I think it builds character, I think it takes an already beautiful guitar and makes it even moreso."

Words of wisdom.
Quote by necrosis1193
Deal with it? I don't skate so I have no idea which part is a deck, but if it's what I think it is, based on my cousin's skateboard, you deal with it.

What I said was pointed towards TS, whos name is Skater4Life. Therefore he skates.... the deck is the wood board thing.... with the 2 curves... I think...

Skating is another world to me.

And the purpose of it was to show that the skateboard deck was like a guitar... yes, you deal with it and live with it.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 3, 2009,
The first time I dinged my guitar it was a big deal, but now I realize there is an entire sub industry where they do that to new guitars and sell them for more. It is not a big deal. A real issue would be if something crucial to the guitar working broke.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Get the pink one.

Perforation of women guaranteed.
well if you compare a skateboard to a guitar, ill buy a new 1 when it snaps in half held together by the strings haha