Do you mean tubes?

Or do you have a Randall RM series?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If you mean tubes, then there shouldn't be a problem.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
this is just me talkin', but in my experience pulling anything out of your amp other than to replace tubes is a dodgy thing to do.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

If it's tubes, you're gonna run those remaining two tubes way to hard.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Are you talking about tubes, or the RM4? If it is the RM4, then there shouldn't be a problem.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
buy a matched set of 4 tubes and put them all in. running two tubes in a quad tube amp will push it way too hard like kevy said.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that on some 4tube amps, you could pull 2 I the power tubes to run the amp on half power?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
The tubes will begin clipping, physically running hot, and they'll burn out fast. A fuse may blow first, but it'll be cheaper to put four tubes in than to keep replacing the two.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
well, running 2 tubes instead of 4 is running the 2 remaining tubes twice as hard as it should.

so i guess number one is you could blow your tubes. ive heard stories about pulling tubes can cause damaged to other internal components, although im not sure if thats true.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

There are some amps that allow you to use different types of tubes. If this is the case with yours which is hard to know because you didn't say what it is, they sometimes use a different number of tubes for different tube types. Are the two that are there in the middle of the 4 sockets or to one side or some other configuration? What amp is it exactly? If you really just don't know take it to a tech.
do you have any more info or pics of the amp in question?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ