So i restrung my jaguar for the first time a little while ago and had a real bad time, and made a pretty shoddy job of it. All guitars ive had so far have holes going through them where you whack the string but the jaguar (/jazzmaster/mustang) has a weird sort of notch on the top which has a hole going down inside it. I have no idea what to do!? help

its like this:

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/davesvintageguitars/images/photos/gallery/2243622.jpg
"Most people die with their music still locked up inside them." - Benjamin Disraeli
You just slip the string in the little cut instead of putting it though the hole on a normal machine head.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
^Fail

Measure out your string for enough slack and cut it. Stick the end through the center hole and then bend the string so it sits in the slot. Tune and good to go. My Thinline Tele had these tuners and while there a bit of a pain, you always end up with a clean headstock, and they hold tune pretty good as well.
^ sounds reasonable. stupid question, but how much slack (on top of how much distance there is from the start of the string to the tuner) do i need?
"Most people die with their music still locked up inside them." - Benjamin Disraeli
Measure 2 tuners down from the one you're putting the string in. That should be enough.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.