Alright so, I am building a Firebird style guitar... I haven't purchased any pickups yet, and probably won't for a while. So far, I have been thinking of putting a Seymour Duncan SM-1 Mini Humbucker in the bridge position, Seymour Duncan SM-3 Mini Humbucker in the neck position, but haven't got a clue as to what I'm going to put in the middle position. Anyone have some insight on this decision? Or any ideas for a middle pickup?
Quote by odstwarhead
Alright so, I am building a Firebird style guitar... I haven't purchased any pickups yet, and probably won't for a while. So far, I have been thinking of putting a Seymour Duncan SM-1 Mini Humbucker in the bridge position, Seymour Duncan SM-3 Mini Humbucker in the neck position, but haven't got a clue as to what I'm going to put in the middle position. Anyone have some insight on this decision? Or any ideas for a middle pickup?
SM-3 might be a better choice in both bridge and neck locations. SM-1 can't be split, so you'd have to use the full HB with the middle single if you were doing the traditional HSH wiring.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, I don't care for a middle pickup either, but the person I bought my Firebird body from routed out the slot for a middle pickup. And I wanted the SM-1 in the bridge, because I want it to have that "Classic Firebird Sound" when I'm playing lead. Any suggestions?
Last edited by odstwarhead at Sep 3, 2009,