Some say a Fender Strat is not a Strat if it does not have three single coils. If you put a humbucker in the bridge position, no longer a Strat.

The very first Les Paul's had P-90's from '52 to '57. If you had to decide, does a true Les Paul have humbuckers or P-90 soapbars?
"teh most gains"
1955 LP had P90s

1959 had PAFs.

both are 'true' les pauls.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Who cares
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
A true Les Paul has the body shape and that's about it, IMO. I see too many copies that do the cutaway wrong and that just kills it for me.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by occub
Who cares

this.

the Firs Les Pauls came with P-90's but the most popular LP came with PAF's.....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Sep 3, 2009,
well the les paul had hum buckers and to me a true les paul has hbs not p 90s like to me a true solid body has p90s
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by mountain2012
^ You guys are all idiots and wrong. CHOOSE, now you fools!

feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187

>.>
<.<

ok ok i'll choose, i chose PAF's (humbuckers)
feel free to add me
Quote by mountain2012
Some say a Fender Strat is not a Strat if it does not have three single coils.

Some people are idiots
Quote by mountain2012
If you put a humbucker in the bridge position, no longer a Strat.

That doesnt make sense, and is wrong.
Quote by mountain2012
The very first Les Paul's had P-90's from '52 to '57. If you had to decide, does a true Les Paul have humbuckers or P-90 soapbars?

A true Les Paul is actually a guitar with the SG body shape, hows that one?
Quote by Damius
I will take any Les Paul. Please let me have one

I would even take a trade tang knock-off if it wasn't a felony in the US to possess one.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by Casketcreep

Real Les Paul.

Guitar.

I love you.

Now then, on another note, both are. People who say a strat with a bridge humbucker are elitist douches even if I do like an SSS strat myself.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
What's so elitist about sticking with the original pickup configuration? If anything, I say they're afraid of change, which makes them conservatives, and they hate elitists.
Last edited by carpepax at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by mountain2012
Some say a Fender Strat is not a Strat if it does not have three single coils. If you put a humbucker in the bridge position, no longer a Strat.

IMO, its bull****. if it says fender strat.. its a strat.. if it says gibson les paul.. its a les paul. How could it not be?
guitar's are the body shape. there have been SGs with 3 single coils, but that doesn't make it a strat, does it? or an HH Telecaster isn't an LP or SG because it's got two humbuckers is it?

(answer is no.)
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by trashbeast
IMO, its bull****. if it says fender strat.. its a strat.. if it says gibson les paul.. its a les paul. How could it not be?
is this a les paul?

The way I see it, what most people associate with the les paul has two humbuckers. Even if the P-90s came first, the les pauls that were made originally famous were the '57-'60 PAF equipped models. You say strat and people are going to think of one w/ 3 single coils that was made famous in years past. You say les paul and people are going to think of a '58-'60 sunburst w/ PAFs.

A fat strat is still a strat, but it's not going to sound like a strat in the traditional sense of what people mean when they say "strat sound," and this is the same with les pauls and humbuckers, even though the P-90s came first. But it's not just a P-90 vs. humbucker thing either, a les paul w/ EMGs is going to be further from the classic les paul sound than a les paul w/ P-90s will.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by stykerwolf
They ruined it with the flashing button

The master control knob doesn't flash. The LEDs are only visible when it is pulled in the out position. When pushed in, it functions as a bridge tone knob.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Humbuckers should never have touched the body of a Les Paul IMO. The guitar is too dark. It's pure sludge.
"teh most gains"