It's still a couple of years off but im planning my year 12 major. I was thinking of a Les Paul Double Cut a la "ohspyro89" (hope you don't mind but that guitar took my breath away) but as a second part to it I am gonna build an amp stack (buy head & build cabs) but I need to know which head to get before i get there so i can start settin my budget.

So I'm building two 100 watt cabs (or 200 watts if i can afford the amp) and a LP double cut. If time allows it I'm also gonna build a cabinet to hold all of the above in with compartments for leads, picks, pedals & all the rest but i'll get into that later

If you guys can help I promise to put the build on UG when I get up to it
Thanks in advance
you should built a head too.

EDIT: OR, if you want a full up custom rig, I'll build a head for you...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Last edited by DLrocket89 at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Hamish15
^how much?
& how would i go about building a head?

check this site out if you're interested in building an amp http://www.ax84.com/classicprojects.html

if you want to do it you can buy a kit from dobermanamps.com and follow the corresponding schematics and such from ax84. I was looking into building one a few days ago before realizing i have insufficient funds. you'd need a decent knowledge of electronics, know how to read a schematic, and know how to solder.

edit: if you go this route the kit will cost at least $200 if you buy it at doberman amps, of course you could acquire all the stuff separately, but I already looked into it and it would cost about the same, possibly more.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 4, 2009,
If you want to build your own, I'd build the SEL from AX84. After shipping and everything it'll be a bit under $300, but it gives you a nice 20 watt lead amp. Check my sig for a step by step tutorial on how to build it. It's a 16x8 chassis, so the head won't be huge.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
would the SEL be capable of takin my 100 watt cabs? or should i build lower watt cabs