Hey there pit.
So I've decided it would be a good idea to get a cat or even a kitten as a pet so it gives good company to the family.
Problem is, I go to school from 8 and come back at 5, and my parents leave at 8 and come back at around 6.
SO how would I take care of it while I'm away. What measures would I need to take and what do I generally need to look out for with cat care? I've heard cats take care of themselves, but how do I ensure that?
Thanks (if any help is provided )
Do NOT put it in the microwave, I've heard it's bad for their lifespan.

Also, pet them.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Don't get a kitten if someone isn't going to be home most of the day. I'd go as far to say someone needs to be in most of the day at the start of the cat/dog and human relationship build-up. If you can get a grown cat, that would probably be best, but a recued cat might need a lot of attention depending on it's circumstances.

That's all I'll say, I think.
Hang food from a string. Not too high and not too low. He/She'll get it's exercise trying to get the food and will be fed too.
Cats can climb so put up some kind of un-climbable wall. Also, put a scratching post and train your kitten not to scratch carpet or furniture while you're at school. Litterbox training comes easy, and that's about it. Love it lots while you're there.
Full grown cats really don't need constant care. If there's no one home they'll entertain themselves if they have food and water (try to avoid giving it milk, water is better for them unless you get actual milk designed for cats). Though as a kitten it will need more attention so that it will warm to the house quicker.
Get a litter box, and clean it every day or two (prevents smell and buildup) and maybe think about getting a flap thing on your door, so they can go in and out as they please.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile