Hi, I haven't been in this scene very long, but I'm starting to find my niche of music that I've grown highly attached to the last couple months. The only problem is that I'm not having a whole lot of success in finding similar bands that I like.

The groups that I've been listening to fall along the lines of: Modest Mouse, Minus the Bear, Company of Thieves, The Sea and Cake, El Ten Eleven, Toe, Pele, and Animal Collective.

I've tried some of the other bands that are recommended like Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, and Sigur Ros, but I didn't particularly like any of them.

But all other suggestions are welcome. I'm open to try anything out!

thanks, Kaplac
I'm not sure if these are the correct genre. Silversun Pickups, My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon...
So i guess you don't like post-rock then

I'd recommend: Built to Spill, Mew, Maps & Atlases, Dirty Projectors (maybe), Grizzly Bear (maybe), Blind Man's Colour
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
check out the math rock thread; chillin somewhere on this forum.
and i dunno, Cap'n Jazz since you mentioned Pele.
Thanks guys!

I checked out all the recommendations and I am liking Maps and Atlases, and I think I'm going to give Grizzly Bears some time and see if I warm up to them.

I'll definitely be sure to check out the math rock thread.
Quote by kaplac

I'll definitely be sure to check out the math rock thread.

Math Rawk

Im not all that read up on math rock personally, but i do really like Foals. I should really start listening to a few of the bands mentioned in the thread, but i can never seem to find time
Try out Jeniferever; they're Indie-Post Rock-ish. Definately one of the best bands our there now, the only thing is that they kind of find it difficult not to be too emotive most of the times, I'm referring to their lyrics. But their music is excellent and they deserve to be called "Music Band" cause they surely play all together and the sound is fresh, quality beyond taste.

I don't know if you've already listened to Biffy Clyro, if you didn't, MAKE SURE YOU DO!

I'll recommend anyone to listen to some modern jazz: E.S.T they're are amazing, pretty experimental good looking music.

You see, it's really important to refresh your ears with new stuff. Music never gives up on you, I'm sure you agree.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Math Rawk

Im not all that read up on math rock personally, but i do really like Foals. I should really start listening to a few of the bands mentioned in the thread, but i can never seem to find time

im not a fan of the foals i got their album had a listen then deleted it =/

i think its a band that you need to listen a few times to get into like british sea power do you like rock music took a few listens too now im in love with the album.

yeah try british sea power

and you cant go wrong with milburn
or the metros
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
I dunno, i liked that british sea power album from the straight off, as i did with the foals one. Although i had hear Cassius and Two Steps Twice a good bit before i sat down and listened to the album through. So maybe thats why i took to it so quickly