So I bought a peavey vypyr 30w about 2 weeks ago and so far its been a blast playing on and mixing up all the settings but I got home about an hour ago and plug it in and turn it on and POP! goes the amp followed by continual crackles. Tried switching the cables and double checked the amp settings, but I think this is a common problem with solid state amps so Im here asking if this is true, that this is a problem with the amp, not me or my guitar. Did try with two guitars btw.

I should bring it back to the store tomorrow???
Last edited by CarnivalBeam at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by CarnivalBeam
So I bought a peavey vypyr 30w about 2 weeks ago and so far its been a blast playing on and mixing up all the settings but I got home about an hour ago and plug it in and turn it on and POP! goes the amp followed by continual crackles. Tried switching the cables and double checked the amp settings, but I think this is a common problem with solid state amps so Im here asking if this is true, that this is a problem with the amp, not me or my guitar. Did try with two guitars btw.

I should bring it back to the store tomorrow???

Yup.
WTLTL 2011
Could explain to me why or how this happens? Could it be something I did that blew it? And what actually happened inside the amp that POPed it? Also how would someone go about fixing such a problem? Not that im going to but im just wondering
Quote by CarnivalBeam
Could explain to me why or how this happens? Could it be something I did that blew it? And what actually happened inside the amp that POPed it? Also how would someone go about fixing such a problem? Not that im going to but im just wondering

I don't know how or why it died on you, but I wouldn't fix an amp that died within a months time. Chances are it is only one of many problems the amp has. I would exchange it for a working amp, or a different model alltogether. If it were a tube amp, it would probably have been a tube which is easy to replace and not a big deal. Modellers are different though, if something breaks there its more difficult to repair and even harder to find out why it broke.
WTLTL 2011
hmmm, which amp would you recommend I swap it for? A fender vibro champ seems nice and has a tube, or maybe the roland cube20 but idk was digging the spacey sounds I could get out of this for lead, and the nice chorus for rythm, plus thees much more I havnt tried