so last friday i dropped off my guitar at my local music shop cause the pick ups werent working. I asked them how much it will cost and they said it is free and if they find out someting wrong with it they will call me and give me an estimate, if they cant find out whats wrong then no charge. They said they will check it out by the latest monday. Monday comes around, they didnt look at it. So i stop in wednesday and im like, so did you guys look at it yet? They say no we havent had the time. Need me remind you that this is a mom and pap music store, i have never seen a customer in therem ever. So they said they swear they will have it thursday. So now today is thursday and i stopped in, i asked them if they fixed it and they tell me," theres nothing wrong it...." so thinking ok maybe it magically fixed it self, so they give me my guitar. as im walking out there like hold on you have to pay. I said ok maybe they will charge a 5$ holding fee, but no, it comes out to 27.43$. I said 27.43$ for what? Doing abbsolutely nothing? They said you are gonna have to pay it. So i bit my tongue and pulled out my wallet. I only had 26.50$ on me, i asked them if it was OK for me to give them 26.50$, they said no come back tuesday with another dollar so you can pay. We are closed fri-mon. I also just got off a LONG day of work tileing and building a concrete retaining wall. What should i do? I know its only 27$, but its the fact i had to go through all this **** to have them not do anything and make me wait a week to tell me
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
love the username, but on a serious note; use paragraphs.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Tig Bitties
so last friday i dropped off my guitar at my local music shop cause the pick ups werent working. I asked them how much it will cost and they said it is free and if they find out someting wrong with it they will call me and give me an estimate, if they cant find out whats wrong then no charge.

Breaking oral agreements...? I dont know, I'd probably tell them to **** off if I had the guitar in hand or gently remind them of our deal. With gunfire.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Worst pick up line ever.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Are they keeping your guitar until you pay? That's some ol' bull****.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
you should've walked out with it and told them to **** off, clearly the best thing you could've done.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
ask them if you can hold the guitar. If they let you, walk out. If they don't

damn, Eridge, our plans have been fooled again
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
thats super lame

they are defying the only rules that make local shops so awesome
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Excuse me, but it appears as though you fail at the English language.

EDIT-- Upon forcing my way through this slab of nonsense, I have decided that it is unfair that you should pay.
Last edited by Turkeyburger at Sep 3, 2009,
Well, if the oral agreement was that it would be not cost, then say, gimmie my guitar or i sue you. If they don't your rich...=)
Quote by Royal Celebi
Not allowed to whip out my dick in the middle of class. Ludicrous.

Quote by ratracekid111
Is that even Possible?!?!?

Quote by ilovepepsi
can i go blind by eating purple
Find out what the charge is for, if it's some bullshit reason, remind them of what THEY told YOU.
Don't pay.

edit:
Quote by Blood of Metal
Well, if the oral agreement was that it would be not cost, then say, gimmie my guitar or i sue you. If they don't your rich...=)

Not really... Good luck trying to convince a court that "they did honestly say that there's no charge" without any reference or proof of it.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Turkeyburger
Excuse me, but it appears as though you fail at the English language.

lol, cool comment bro

Seriously though, I don't think you should pay. Ask what the charge is for and if it breaks the oral agreement tell em to **** off.
Cyanide Drip

Quote by Myfirstpubes
you're saying that everytime someone in the Pit fapped, they produced magic? Wow, we'd be in fucking Narnia by now by the Pit's rate of masturbation.

Quote by larrytheguitar
I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.
Ask why you are bring charged, and just tell them, I'm paying for NOTHING?
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tig Bitties
so last friday i dropped off my guitar at my local music shop cause the pick ups werent working. I asked them how much it will cost and they said it is free and if they find out someting wrong with it they will call me and give me an estimate, if they cant find out whats wrong then no charge. They said they will check it out by the latest monday. Monday comes around, they didnt look at it. So i stop in wednesday and im like, so did you guys look at it yet? They say no we havent had the time. Need me remind you that this is a mom and pap music store, i have never seen a customer in therem ever. So they said they swear they will have it thursday. So now today is thursday and i stopped in, i asked them if they fixed it and they tell me," theres nothing wrong it...." so thinking ok maybe it magically fixed it self, so they give me my guitar. as im walking out there like hold on you have to pay. I said ok maybe they will charge a 5$ holding fee, but no, it comes out to 27.43$. I said 27.43$ for what? Doing abbsolutely nothing? They said you are gonna have to pay it. So i bit my tongue and pulled out my wallet. I only had 26.50$ on me, i asked them if it was OK for me to give them 26.50$, they said no come back tuesday with another dollar so you can pay. We are closed fri-mon. I also just got off a LONG day of work tileing and building a concrete retaining wall. What should i do? I know its only 27$, but its the fact i had to go through all this **** to have them not do anything and make me wait a week to tell me

I didn't read a word of this but I love your username.
Yeah man don't pay, that is utter bull****. They said you would pay nothing, so you should pay nothing. And keep bugging them in their store till they give you the guitar, if they don't and call the cops then you may even get them to help you :s
HOLY CRAP, I think at that point I'd just go out to my car and drive it right through the door. And I don't even have a car.
Last edited by Moron101 at Sep 3, 2009,
Go back and find out what they are charging you, and politely remind them that said they wouldnt charge if they couldnt find a problem.

It seems like the obvious thing to do, dunno why you had to ask UG, lol.
Tell them you're going to pay on monday, then call it off until wednesday, then thursday, and when friday comes, tell them they have to pay you $27.44 for charging you.
Quote by Tango616
Ask why you are bring charged, and just tell them, I'm paying for NOTHING?

+10
Very right.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Oh yah then id run off too mexico with my other three guitars and the one i took out the store, plus anything else in there that looked cool
Tell em you f()cked the owners daughter, run out with your guitar..hope into a Mustang and drive off with James bond music playing...

Or you can just get your guitar and not pay....I like idea one though.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Not allowed to whip out my dick in the middle of class. Ludicrous.

Quote by ratracekid111
Is that even Possible?!?!?

Quote by ilovepepsi
can i go blind by eating purple
joshua122593 nice patapon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT PUT IT IN THE BLENDER! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Moron101 at Sep 3, 2009,