Hey guys. today was my first day restringing my fairly new stratocaster, I finished the job and it plays like a dream, BUT after stringing it my bridge was lifted quite a bit making my whammy bar ineffective. So any of you guys with a strat out there I need your help so I can get this down and do it right. Thanks!
Quote by mylittlepiggy
Hey guys. today was my first day restringing my fairly new stratocaster, I finished the job and it plays like a dream, BUT after stringing it my bridge was lifted quite a bit making my whammy bar ineffective. So any of you guys with a strat out there I need your help so I can get this down and do it right. Thanks!

The screws on the back of your strat that go to the bridge, tighten those, or add more springs to compensate for the new string tension.
Quote by FallsDownStairs
The screws on the back of your strat that go to the bridge, tighten those, or add more springs to compensate for the new string tension.

this. depending on how far the bridge is sitting away from the body, turn the screws just a bit at a time. Then re-tune. Check the bridge level on both sides. Adjust if needed. Re-Tune. Repeat.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings