Has the Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 and the JCM 2000 TSL 100 got practically the same tones?. I have been looking at both amps and i cannot see any real technical differences. I know the TSL has the 100/25 watt button and that it has knobs to control each channel seperate. Can anyone explain what the major difference is and why one would be better than the other?

The type of tones i use ranges from a bluesy tone, dire straits tone, gn'r tone and the heaviest being a metallica tone.
DSL= Dual Super Lead
TSL= Triple Super Lead
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
The DSL is better than the TSL imo. It's more defined and has a little more gain on tap.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
TSL has clean, crunch and lead channels. The DSL has a clean and a lead, and I believe those also have a secondary option.

I use the TSL for a lot of the same stuff as you, and it works very well. I can't testify to the DSL though, as I've never played it.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Rogue Hermit
TSL has clean, crunch and lead channels. The DSL has a clean and a lead, and I believe those also have a secondary option.

I use the TSL for a lot of the same stuff as you, and it works very well. I can't testify to the DSL though, as I've never played it.

Thats what i was confused about, the TSL has the clean, crunch and lead wheras the DSL has clean and lead. But the DSL's clean mode has clean and crunch channels, and the lead has lead 1 n' 2. So has the DSL have the same Versatal comparison to the TSL?

I was originally going for the DSL then a friend mentioned the TSL and for an extra £200 is it worth it for a few more knobs and a power down mode? Or am i missing something??
i think that the dsl is far better. it can cover more ground. if you wanted you can get FAR heavier than metallica... if you wanted
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by SuperShane
Thats what i was confused about, the TSL has the clean, crunch and lead wheras the DSL has clean and lead. But the DSL's clean mode has clean and crunch channels, and the lead has lead 1 n' 2. So has the DSL have the same Versatal comparison to the TSL?

I was originally going for the DSL then a friend mentioned the TSL and for an extra £200 is it worth it for a few more knobs and a power down mode? Or am i missing something??

To be honest, I'm not a huge expert on these amps. I do like the TSL a lot though; the low power setting is very nice, and it seems to me at least that the TSL can be more versatile.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Thanks for the help, to play it safe ill probobally just stick with the DSL. This is only down to that ive heard this amp and i liked it. Plus, i can use the extra £200 towards a new guitar.

This thread was to just help with my choice, haha im not that great at choosing. Especially with near priced heads that are almost the same.
Quote by SuperShane
Thanks for the help, to play it safe ill probobally just stick with the DSL. This is only down to that ive heard this amp and i liked it. Plus, i can use the extra £200 towards a new guitar.

This thread was to just help with my choice, haha im not that great at choosing. Especially with near priced heads that are almost the same.

good choice
cheaper and better imo
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION