I never really worked on a ''solo'' so I thought it would be good for me to learn one
I wanted to know what are these easy, good-sounding solo bass parts to learn

Any idea?
Happy Birthday.

as in, the one you sing on birthdays. it can be an effective and easy solo song with improvisation.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
well what do you like for music? as in what style do you play?
Anesthesia by metallica is fun and not too hard,.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
If you're into classical music then there are endless violin and cello solos (the two solo instruments I personally gravitate towards) out there to choose from. The six suites for solo cello being the first one usually suggested as a starting point.
If you're more into jazz music, it would be worth your while to transcribe a solo by a horn player, probably starting off with something a little simpler like Miles Davis or Herbie Hancock style stuff.
If you're into rock... I don't know... play some pentatonic licks?
one of the first solos I learned was the horn solo in In The Aeroplane Over The Sea by Neutral Milk Hotel. I love playing a lot of that album on bass (really fuzzy bass). By learned, I mean I learned it by ear, it was fun.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
if this is your first solo ever i wouldnt go after stone cold bush or maxwell murder. but theyre definitely pieces to aspire to =D

a simpler, but still cool-as-hell flea solo to learn would be the one he does on aeroplane.
the verse is just as fun to learn as well =)
Last edited by thunderkix at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Tatersalad1080
well what do you like for music? as in what style do you play?
Anesthesia by metallica is fun and not too hard,.

It's fun to play with or without a pick and you can adjust the timing and effects and still maintain the integrity of the song but change up the sound a bit.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by Bottle of Dirt
It's fun to play with or without a pick and you can adjust the timing and effects and still maintain the integrity of the song but change up the sound a bit.

Yeah, I think it's great just to wing the timing - it seems to sound better in free time.