So i have about a little over $800 to spend on an amp/pedalboard so i was thinking about $500 for an amp.. I'd like a stack BUT if the combo is more than worth it i wouldn't mind going that way!

I don't exactly know what i'm going to play.. but as of now I like to play stuff like Say Anything, Kings of Leon, Underoath, Foo Fighters, Joe Bonamassa.. and many more but i tried to give you the extremes of the different tones from generes that i like..
I also do A LOT of acoustic so something that works both ways would be great!
I have had my eye on the MG's (for the name) but i've heard peoples opinions around here about them so I'm not to sure what to look into!!

Also

Would i just be able to use my motu 828 in place of an amp head??
..and just get a good cabinet?
I know its kinda pushing it but if it'd work and still sound okay then why not.. and i could always save up for a better amp head to get a good quailty tube amp or something.

..sorry this is long but thanks to all who have any imput!!
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Randall's are typically known for a metal sound, I know that isn't your thing but they sell a nice half stack for i think around 600 bucks.
The clean channel on my randall combo is pretty awesome and i think its good for clean chords as well as a more biting clean lead tone. So, check out musiciansfriend.com and search randall, if you want to look into that.
Quote by victoryaloy
So i have about a little over $800 to spend on an amp/pedalboard so i was thinking about $500 for an amp.. I'd like a stack BUT if the combo is more than worth it i wouldn't mind going that way!

I don't exactly know what i'm going to play.. but as of now I like to play stuff like Say Anything, Kings of Leon, Underoath, Foo Fighters, Joe Bonamassa.. and many more but i tried to give you the extremes of the different tones from generes that i like..
I also do A LOT of acoustic so something that works both ways would be great!
I have had my eye on the MG's (for the name) but i've heard peoples opinions around here about them so I'm not to sure what to look into!!

Also

Would i just be able to use my motu 828 in place of an amp head??
..and just get a good cabinet?
I know its kinda pushing it but if it'd work and still sound okay then why not.. and i could always save up for a better amp head to get a good quailty tube amp or something.

..sorry this is long but thanks to all who have any imput!!

the motu is a recording device right?
or is it a modeler?

if you can go used i would look for a Marshall JCM800 but if you want to stay new and buy a stack go with a Peavey Windsor.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
peavey xxx?
you can try and get an ampeg vh140
ive yet to play one but i want one really a lot lol
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the motu is a recording device right?
or is it a modeler?

if you can go used i would look for a Marshall JCM800 but if you want to stay new and buy a stack go with a Peavey Windsor.

The motu is a firewire interface but its also a sand alone mixer with a preamp.. I think thats right! I use to run my Gibson Les Paul threw it clean into my studio monitors and it sounded AMAZING.. but i dont have any good pedals to try with it and i also dont know how a cabinet would sound.. or if it'd even work.

and i've been looking on line for a used marshall but haven't found much luck!

Quote by treeman151
Randall's are typically known for a metal sound, I know that isn't your thing but they sell a nice half stack for i think around 600 bucks.
The clean channel on my randall combo is pretty awesome and i think its good for clean chords as well as a more biting clean lead tone. So, check out musiciansfriend.com and search randall, if you want to look into that.

I'll have to check it out.. do you have anything to compare it to?
like is it better than an MG or any other marshall?
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Last edited by victoryaloy at Sep 3, 2009,
^ i think you need a power amp to use your motu
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ i think you need a power amp to use your motu

I thought of that as i was typing... So the motu its pretty much useless in this case!
Quote by joshjhasarrived