Page 1 of 2
So I have this roommate, & she's super nice & pretty cool...but she brings all her friends over all the time. & when they're over it sounds like I have an entire "hood" in our apartment (yes she's black). I don't mind rap music or her friends & i get along with them good. But it's just annoying when I'm trying to do homework & have the entire place shaking cuz the music is up SO loud. It's also wierd to be the only white girl in the place when all of them are over. I just need advice on how to get her to be a bit quieter. I don't wanna start something with her & ive talked to her about it & she apologized & said she'd try not to be so loud or let the people she brings over be loud...but I guess she's just naturally loud I don't even think she realizes it so I don't wanna be a bitch to her(if I thought she was doing it on purpose I woulda bitched her out a long time ago). So what should I do???

P.S.-if anyone wants to message me on yahoo feel free to (shandral@ymail.com). I'm freaking bored lol
Last edited by WackyGreen420 at Sep 3, 2009,
The only option is to pour aids infected blood into her drink.

DO NOT talk to her about it under any circumstances.
I would talk to her again and if she still doesn't understand, try to set limits with her (can't have people over or be too loud at these times but others is cool... that sort of thing). I've had the exact same problem and ended up losing a friend over it because she just never got it. Getting to that point sucks.

Just talk to her again.
noise canceling headphones, those might work if you like music, but I assuming that the majority of them are black or mexican, since you said your the only white girl, if thats the case, then your going to have to get into their face about it, not to be raciest or anything. But when people are like that, they wont listen to you unless you make yourself clear, otherwise they think your weak, mainly because their arrogant. But if all else fails, get a new room mate.
Go lower the volume since the beginning (so they're ears feel the contrast), when they turn it up, go again to turn it down enough for them not to notice.
And get some airport things for the ears.
ask for some respect or bring some of your own friends over
Dean Razorback
Fender Strat
Epiphone SG Bass Short Scale
Walden D351 Acoustic
Digitech RP250
SHS 180 Watt
Quote by RubberPuppiessu
I know this guy who ruined a romantic moment with his girl by saying "I want your hole".
Quote by ethan_hanus
noise canceling headphones, those might work if you like music, but I assuming that the majority of them are black or mexican, since you said your the only white girl, if thats the case, then your going to have to get into their face about it, not to be raciest or anything. But when people are like that, they wont listen to you unless you make yourself clear, otherwise they think your weak, mainly because their arrogant. But if all else fails, get a new room mate.

No the place I'm @ is mostly white, but all the people she brings over seem to be black lol
Quote by WackyGreen420
No the place I'm @ is mostly white, but all the people she brings over seem to be black lol

lol, I see your from Texas, what part of Texas might I ask?

But like I said, your going to have to get in their face about it, sometimes you just have to do what you got to do, even if you dont like it. But if it fails and they still wont listen to you, then just find a new room mate, can't be that hard. Right?
Quote by WackyGreen420
So I have this roommate, & she's super nice & pretty cool...but she brings all her friends over all the time. & when they're over it sounds like I have an entire "hood" in our apartment (yes she's black). I don't mind rap music or her friends & i get along with them good. But it's just annoying when I'm trying to do homework & have the entire place shaking cuz the music is up SO loud. It's also wierd to be the only white girl in the place when all of them are over. I just need advice on how to get her to be a bit quieter. I don't wanna start something with her & ive talked to her about it & she apologized & said she'd try not to be so loud or let the people she brings over be loud...but I guess she's just naturally loud I don't even think she realizes it so I don't wanna be a bitch to her(if I thought she was doing it on purpose I woulda bitched her out a long time ago). So what should I do???

P.S.-if anyone wants to message me on yahoo feel free to (shandral@ymail.com). I'm freaking bored lol

Just wondering, what part of being black makes them 'hood' ?
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Burn a cross in your living room.

I really don't recommend this.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ethan_hanus
lol, I see your from Texas, what part of Texas might I ask?

But like I said, your going to have to get in their face about it, sometimes you just have to do what you got to do, even if you dont like it. But if it fails and they still wont listen to you, then just find a new room mate, can't be that hard. Right?

I'm from around Austin, but right now I'm going to college in Brenham.
Quote by la bamba
Just wondering, what part of being black makes them 'hood' ?

The fact that they are in there blaring rap music, tlking SUPER loud, & the guys she has over dress talk & act like straight up "gansters"

I'm not going to kiss anyones ass or be "politically correct" if you don't like it I don't care.

I'm not racist so if that's what your implying you can **** off.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Thats cool, I live fairly close to austin, I go to Acc right now. Wheres Brenham? Never heard of it.

I almost went there. Cool. Brenham is a bit east, u know where bastrop & elgin r? It's like an hour east of that.
Quote by WackyGreen420
I almost went there. Cool. Brenham is a bit east, u know where bastrop & elgin r? It's like an hour east of that.

Yeah, I've been out there a few times, but I was pertty young back then. lol What courses are you majoring in?
Yeah, thats a tough one. I guess you kind of have to put up with a certain amount but don't let them get too carried away, but thats hard too and makes you seem like a bitch when you are really just being sensible. You may have to move or get a new roommate, tell her that if you have to.
im gonna guess your in college? im 15 so i dont know about this stuff very well but aren't there other places you can do homework and study on campus like a libary or what not? then when your down you can go party with the gangsta gurls!

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Invite a bunch of guys from the Pit over. We can have a rape party.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
change the lock and throw all her stuff in a burning dumpster

...actually, just kick her out and keep her shit
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, I've been out there a few times, but I was pertty young back then. lol What courses are you majoring in?

Business & computer science. I REALLY wanna be a video game programmer but my dad is trying to convince me to be a lawyer like him lol. It's a good backup plan cuz its hard to get in the video game industry.
Quote by WackyGreen420
Business & computer science. I REALLY wanna be a video game programmer but my dad is trying to convince me to be a lawyer like him lol. It's a good backup plan cuz its hard to get in the video game industry.

Woman...programmer..?

Does not compute.

But on computer science, that's what I plan on majoring in.
Quote by Limaj_daas
Why don't you go lik "im doin hw from time x to time y, and you can bring your buddies over at whatever other time"?

This.

Quote by ethan_hanus
but I assuming that the majority of them are black or mexican, since you said your the only white girl, if thats the case, then your going to have to get into their face about it, not to be raciest or anything. But when people are like that, they wont listen to you unless you make yourself clear, otherwise they think your weak, mainly because their arrogant. But if all else fails, get a new room mate.

Not this.
Quote by WackyGreen420

That cool, I know the video game industry pays very well. But to you dad I say go for your dreams, all the lawyers I know are miserable, and wish they had a better job.
She's nice so I'm not going to start anything with her. I've thought about switching roommates but 1-I cant switch until the end of the semester unless she does something REAL bad
2-I don't think she's bad enough for me to take the chance of a new roommate being worse.
Ima probably talk to her again
If you already talked to her about it and she is still doing it, idk what to tell you. Your gonna have to start **** because you tried being nice and that didn't work.
You should work out a time she can have her friends over, when you can do homework, and if she still wants to see her friends, just tell her they can go out somewhere or whatever. This is what I would do I think.
You did not SERIOUSLY just give a site full of horny guys your yahoo did you?

I feel bad for whats to come

At any rate, just talk to her.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by ethan_hanus
That cool, I know the video game industry pays very well. But to you dad I say go for your dreams, all the lawyers I know are miserable, and wish they had a better job.

The bolded. My dad's a lawyer and hates it. He talks everyday about how he wished he had done something else. He gets paid a **** ton though so I guess he atleast gets something for his misery.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by valennic
You did not SERIOUSLY just give a site full of horny guys your yahoo did you?

I feel bad for whats to come

At any rate, just talk to her.

She also has noodz on her profile.

Free 10,000 profile views sweetie.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
She also has noodz on her profile.

Free 10,000 profile views sweetie.

For a second,I thought you were referring to the nudes on MY profile; and I was about to be furious.

Then I lol'd.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by mmolteratx
The bolded. My dad's a lawyer and hates it. He talks everyday about how he wished he had done something else. He gets paid a **** ton though so I guess he atleast gets something for his misery.

Yeah, but I would rather get paied minimum wadge doing something I love than get paied a lot of money doing something that I hate and want to beat a printer with my fist( office space). My dad works for BMC software, and hes a redneck,(wouldent imagain him being able to fix software) and he's always talking about how he hates all the nerds there and how incredably dumb they all are.lol
Quote by WackyGreen420

Yea this confirms you're a dude.

*leaves*
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by valennic
For a second,I thought you were referring to the nudes on MY profile; and I was about to be furious.

Then I lol'd.

I would never tell any body about those man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Dirge Humani
Woman...programmer..?

Does not compute.

But on computer science, that's what I plan on majoring in.

Hell yea. I wanna program video games. I'm sure I can do as good as any guy programmer.

That's cool that your majoring in it too
Page 1 of 2