Page 1 of 2
Searched and got nothing. I suppose deathgrind is a pretty well-established subgenre, so tada, deathgrind thread!

I used to kind of avoid any musical subgenre that had a prominent hardcore punk influence, but then I started to appreciate bands like Pig Destroyer, Misery Index, and Gridlink for how ridiculously intense they were. Ideal drinking music

Anyways, any deathgrind fans in hurrr?
old dying fetus is great.

not sure if I listen to any other deathgrind
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I don't really use the term deathgrind (idk, sounds like some kind of dangerous dance ), but I like a number of bands that mix DM with grindcore (and sometimes other styles)

uhh, to name a few... !T.O.O.H.!, Anaal Nathrakh, Appalling Spawn/Lykathea Aflame, Benighted, Malignancy, Mumakil, Origin, The Red Chord, Trap Them, Wormed
Hey man, if you like Gridlink check out MORTALIZED from Japan. http://www.myspace.com/mortalized it's the Gridlink guitarist's original band. SOO SICK

If you like, watch some of their practice videos (minus singer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Nk2kMsNTc&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Y4cdeTNKk&feature=channel amazing seeing the drummer & guitarist play so well
Last edited by radio_schizo at Sep 4, 2009,
I love me some Carcass, but that's about it when it comes to Deathgrind.
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Quote by radio_schizo
Hey man, if you like Gridlink check out MORTALIZED from Japan. http://www.myspace.com/mortalized it's the Gridlink guitarist's original band. SOO SICK

If you like, watch some of their practice videos (minus singer) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Nk2kMsNTc&feature=channel_page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Y4cdeTNKk&feature=channel amazing seeing the drummer & guitarist play so well

Thanks, I've always wanted to find more bands like Gridlink. Always a blast to hear more of Matsubara's riffing
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Sep 4, 2009,
Impetigo, Haemorrhage, and Disembowelment
EDIT: Ultimo Mondo Cannibale for Impetigo
Morgue Sweet Home for Haem
Disembowels only full length
Last edited by mikey son at Sep 4, 2009,
Quote by jibran
Cattle Decap!

People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Quote by jibran
Cattle Handicap!

Fixed.

It's more serious in this case, seeing as how they write lyrics about eating and fucking cows...scary stuff.
did u guys hear about that body farm they found with a cattle decapitation cd on the scene? how long do you think it takes before they blame it on metal?
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Quote by severed-metal
Until the cows come home.

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Now what' the difference between "deathgrind" and grindcore? I always classified Dying Fetus and Cattle Decapitation as grindcore.
^ I believe grindcore is more punk, seeing as how it evolved from crust punk, whereas deathgrind has the grind element but is based on death metal.
Deathgrind leans more to death metal lyrically/visually/song style, while grindcore is more rooted in punk/hadcore, lyrically.

I dunno, that's what I've got from it. It's all good to me! as long as it's fast and crazy.

EDIT- too slow
Quote by jibran
Cattle Decap!

This. The Harvest Floor is an absolute masterpiece.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by raincoffin
^ Mumakil, sort of

this and ophilatory
(if you like mumakil you will like ophilatory)
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

Quote by sound-byte
did u guys hear about that body farm they found with a cattle decapitation cd on the scene? how long do you think it takes before they blame it on metal?

you do realize that was a Cattle decap music video?.................................................
Quote by BigRyeguy
Now what' the difference between "deathgrind" and grindcore? I always classified Dying Fetus and Cattle Decapitation as grindcore.

just listen to Dying Fetus' Tearing Inside the Womb, and then listen to Napalm Death's "If The Truth Be Known"

obvious differences are seen.

Sumdeus
Lack of Mortician in this thread dissapoints me.

Inclusion of Impetigo, Carcass, and Naked Whipper pleases me.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
As much as deathgrind is cool...Goregrind is where it's at. This thread should probably just be narrowed to grind and all its various forms.

Gorerotted wins in that case.
on the topic of gorerotted, did anyone ever check out their new album where they changed their name?

theGentleSquid

NO. i r scared.

Although, really, it's ok. I prefer Gorerotted, but The Rotted aren't as bad as people make them out to be.

It's just...more punk. Worse vocals as well. Not the same feel overall.
I much prefer Gorerotted over The Rotted.

And as for deathgrind, I think that there are many good things to be said about later Napalm Death.

Jigsore Terror also fucking own. Buy their stuff. Now. Silly people.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by severed-metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcs9CHhZVmw

Here. Listen to that, and that vid previous to mine was ok. Not something i'd listen to again...but not entirely horrible..

that ****s where its at.
i love how british gorerotteds high vocals sound. like something from ****ing mary poppins.

theGentleSquid

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Lack of Mortician in this thread dissapoints me.

keep forgetting Mortician is grind.

Sumdeus
Page 1 of 2