no

where you hear a riff come out of your right speaker, then out of your left speaker
...Are you talking about a trill?
The thing where they're just hammering on/pulling off rapidly?
"We programmed in death...A thousand needles lie here to inject their lies."
Then it's a hammering on/ pull off with 2 speaker...
It's is not a technic? Just studio effect, setting pan... You can do the same effect with 2 guitars...
Last edited by MangeuDePoutine at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by MangeuDePoutine
Then it's a hammering on/ pull off with 2 speaker...

there is no more specific name for it than "using two speakers"?

its not just hammering on and pulling off, other songs will do guitars, then bass, then bass drum all doing a similar sounding riff one after the next. not the harmonized part. the part right before it
guys, seriously

there are two guitars.

i know exactly what they are doing.

is there a name for it?
Quote by EmperorRJ
guys, seriously

there are two guitars.

i know exactly what they are doing.

is there a name for it?

It's not a playing technique. It's called stereo panning and is used in the studio. Hell, it dates back to Hendrix on Voodoo Child(Slight Return) on the CD.
finally
thank you

i dont think they are using panning though, because there are two guitarists actually physically playing the riffs at separate times rather than one riff reverbrating between the speakers

i know hendrix used it all the time because its a pain to listen to his music with only one headphone in
Quote by EmperorRJ
finally
thank you

i dont think they are using panning though, because there are two guitarists actually physically playing the riffs at separate times rather than one riff reverbrating between the speakers

i know hendrix used it all the time because its a pain to listen to his music with only one headphone in

1 - Take one guitarist (Brain Drill have only ever had Dylan Ruskin)

2 - Double track your guitar parts/harmonies

3 - Pan one harmony track left

4 - Pan one harmony track right

5 - be awesome.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

1 - Take one guitarist (Brain Drill have only ever had Dylan Ruskin)

2 - Double track your guitar parts/harmonies

3 - Pan one harmony track left

4 - Pan one harmony track right

5 - ???

6 - profit

fix'd
Quote by WishfulShredder
fix'd

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by EmperorRJ
finally
thank you

wow youre slow aintcha dude?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON