So, like the thead title, what would be a good, yet not expensive OD to put upfront of this head to tighten everything up and give it that little extra. Also, for the hell of it, what's a good EQ for it as well. Just looking to perfectly dial in that tone in my head and thinking these would really get me there. I'm probably going to be jamming very soona nd want to be able to dial in that perfect metal tone ala Gojira/Machine Head/etc. I know this head can do all those but it's always nice to have that extra tonal options available. One more thing, Sonic Stomp, worth it or no?

Sorry, got a little more long winded than I intended, lmao.
Try a Danelectro Cool Cat OD. OCD clone, true bybass, metal casing and jacks for only like 40 bucks new, and the dano fish n chips is a good inexpensive eq.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
No price range specified, so giving the tried and true combo

Maxon OD-808

MXR 10-Band

Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3

Maxon OD-808

MXR 10-Band

Those are actually the two that I was told would be best suited for what i needed. Just thought I'd come ask here first and get a few other opinions before spending my hard earned cash on anything.
Here's my take on it. I don't like an overdrive on the LEAD channel of a 6505, it's boosted/overdriven enough allready.
However, on the rhythm channel, I will and do use an overdrive. My favorite OD for this channel is either the Maxon OD808 or a Fulltone OCD (v1.4). The OCD has bigtime mojo with this amp. Mostly because it has an EL34/Marshallesque vibe which blends VERY well and sounds super cool with the 6L6 based 6505. You'd have to hear it to fully understand what I mean. Those are my two favorite overdrives with the 6505. I highly recommend one or both if you can afford it.

EDIT - The MI Audio Crunchbox is similiar to the OCD and sounds very good also. An EQ in the loop also sounds really good with the 6505 too, definately invest in one.
Last edited by TheEsupremacy at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by Yngwi3

Maxon OD-808

MXR 10-Band

Exactly what I was gonna say
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Here's my take on it. I don't like an overdrive on the LEAD channel of a 6505, it's boosted/overdriven enough allready.
However, on the rhythm channel, I will and do use an overdrive. My favorite OD for this channel is either the Maxon OD808 or a Fulltone OCD (v1.4). The OCD has bigtime mojo with this amp. Mostly because it has an EL34/Marshallesque vibe which blends VERY well and sounds super cool with the 6L6 based 6505. You'd have to hear it to fully understand what I mean. Those are my two favorite overdrives with the 6505. I highly recommend one or both if you can afford it.

EDIT - The MI Audio Crunchbox is similiar to the OCD and sounds very good also. An EQ in the loop also sounds really good with the 6505 too, definately invest in one.

Thanks man! The music store here has a great return policy, so once I get the cash together I'll take them home and play with them and see what suits me better. I was thinking it would also handle itself alot better with the rythm channel as opposed to the lead channel as well. I used to have an OD but found it didn't really go well with the Bugera at the time so I ended up selling it, although it was just a cheap one to begin with.

Thanks again guys for the suggestions, greatly appreciated!
I never thought an od on a 6505+ was nessecary, with the independent EQs and pres and Res controls i never had a problem dialing in a nice tone, of course if its something ive learned with the 6505 compared to others amps such as a JSX the sound is very distinct, its a great sound but only suits so many music styles.

The mxr seems like a safe bet though.
Quote by suffersystem
Thanks man! The music store here has a great return policy, so once I get the cash together I'll take them home and play with them and see what suits me better. I was thinking it would also handle itself alot better with the rythm channel as opposed to the lead channel as well. I used to have an OD but found it didn't really go well with the Bugera at the time so I ended up selling it, although it was just a cheap one to begin with.

Thanks again guys for the suggestions, greatly appreciated!

No problem! Hope you find the tone you're looking for. The OCD on the 6505 rhythm channel is hard to beat for a really cool sounding and unique overdrive tone.